Does anyone know how to bulk purchase ammunition in australia?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by rugerscoutboy, Mar 29, 2012.

1. rugerscoutboy

rugerscoutboy New Member

Can't find anything on it

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Last I heard guns were banned there.

3. rugerscoutboy

rugerscoutboy New Member

I own 5 guns, I just want to know how to get ammo a bit cheaper

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Wish I could be of help. Only advice I can give would be to check around online.

5. Sickofnotliving

Sickofnotliving New Member

Buy components and load your own. Unfortunately, down there you guys have some strict/rediculous laws forbidding fun. The internet is another way to figure things out.

6. Sickofnotliving

Again, after reading up on the subject, it maybe in your best interestto learn how to reload. I couldnt find a section in your law code displaying restriction on reloading, then again, I only looked for a few minutes. Check local ordinances on the subject.

7. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Ever wonder why people think we are stupid or ignorent?? Here is your sign!

Attached Files:

8. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Found this on wiki....can't personally vouch for it's accuracy, but the same article goes on to state that it is illegal to own a firearm for the purpose of self defense.

Doesn't sound like a country friendly to riflemen to me, FWIW.

Gun politics have only become a notable issue in Australia since the 1980s. Low levels of violent crime through much of the 20th century kept levels of public concern about firearms low. However, in the last two decades of the century, following several high profile multiple murders and a media campaign, the Australian Government co-ordinated more restrictive firearms legislation with all State Governments. Australia today has arguably some of the most restrictive firearms legislation in the world.

Edit...forgot the wiki info..,

Currently, about 5.2% of Australian adults (765,000 people)[1] own and use firearms for purposes such as hunting, controlling feral animals, collecting, and target shooting.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  9. Sickofnotliving

They saw a decrease in murders/suicides with registered firearms and a dramatic increase with illegal firearms.

10. Sickofnotliving

So of course they are only going to make it more difficult for law abiding citizens... That's how governments work.