Firearms Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry an SA XDM 9mm 3.8, normally I carry IWB, does anyone here know of a holster or some sort of rig to carry when they jog or run?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
I don't run.

But I do live in South Florida which provides me with similar concealment requirements while wearing a swim suit, t-shirt and flip-flops.

My needs are satisfied with a Remora holster and a LCR at 2:00 o'clock.

Remora Holster Store

A true hot weather holster that carries extremely well and does not require you to dance-with-the-devil to use it.

I'm comfortable with that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I run about three to four miles 3 x week. Been using a pistol wear pt-2 with a Sig p238 (safety) or s and w 642 in it. Like belly band idea, but built for running. Hides right under t-shirt and no one is the wiser... Just recently started showing up on local gun shops. So far, only thing I've seen purpose built for running.

·
Registered
150 Posts
ltfudd said:
I run about three to four miles 3 x week. Been using a pistol wear pt-2 with a Sig p238 (safety) or s and w 642 in it. Like belly band idea, but built for running. Hides right under t-shirt and no one is the wiser... Just recently started showing up on local gun shops. So far, only thing I've seen purpose built for running.
If you can run like that you don't need to carry. BG is not going to mess with the healthy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess...kinda like swimming with sharks, don't have to be faster than the shark, Just faster than the guy swimming with you. On the other hand, in Texas gotta watch out for coyotes, Just ask Gov Perry...or those pesky 2 legged preditors...again rule one of a gun fight, have a gun...

·
Registered
150 Posts
ltfudd said:
I guess...kinda like swimming with sharks, don't have to be faster than the shark, Just faster than the guy swimming with you. On the other hand, in Texas gotta watch out for coyotes, Just ask Gov Perry...or those pesky 2 legged preditors...again rule one of a gun fight, have a gun...
What does a male jogger have worth taking? You can beat a coyote with a tennis shoe. Wolves...don't jog. What the heck does Gov. Perry got to do with exercise and spandex?

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
The last time that i ran, i was being chased by a bigazz cottonmouth. I could have won in the olympics that day. It was like the cartoon scooby doo when shaggy and scooby are running so fast that you can see their legs.

·
Registered
150 Posts
MrWray said:
The last time that i ran, i was being chased by a bigazz cottonmouth. I could have won in the olympics that day. It was like the cartoon scooby doo when shaggy and scooby are running so fast that you can see their legs.
LOL! Cottonmouths are a good reason to unleash fire arm fury if one is doing a little swamp run; evil territorial vipers they are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I run I carry a Taurus tcp380 in a mini and ultra thin kydex holster at about 3:30 position. The clip hangs on to my shorts very well and the kydex keeps the gun secure. Don't even notice the weight or bounce of the gun. I live in Florida too so its a setup I can wear anytime. Sometimes I carry a 22 mag 5 round derringer or mini revolver made by north American arms. It works great too and has a clip on the handle so it clips in on its own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts