Does anschutz really make the best .22 rifles

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by thecollecter, Mar 4, 2013.

1. thecollecter

thecollecter New Member

I've been looking around and hear all this great stuff about them but haven't ever shot one

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

IMHO, Yes.
    In competitive circles they are pretty much the go to brand. Back in the day (early 80s), my dad built a smallbore Silhouette rifle on a 54 barrelled action. With match ammo that thing was amazing, 1/2" at 100 meters was not a stretch.
    I REALLY want a 54 Sporter.
    There is a 64 action as well. Somewhat less expensive and not quite as much like a bank vault. Still quite good though.
    I suppose in some cases, Feinwerkbau might pop up on the radar. They used to be THE Airgun maker. Their .22s are lesser known, but excellent.
    The Kimber 82s are worth a look as well. Maybe not quite as bleeding edge, but excellent nonetheless. I have a 82 classic that is still excellent at over 30 years old.
    The old Winchester 52 is still pretty good if you come across one at a good price. Which is hard to do. People that own them know how good they are.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013

3. thecollecter

thecollecter New Member

Omg that insane my deer rifle can't even do that good

4. natman

natman Member

"The Best" is pretty subjective and depends on how much you want to spend. However, Anschutz rifles are very well made and very accurate. Their reputation is well earned.