Do you think this would cause issues

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by nate913, Jun 16, 2013.

1. nate913

nate913 New Member

Looking at buying a glock 19. The glock grip was cut to fit a glock 26 mag. Why, and do you think this will cause issues. Also said had a custom trigger guard done

image-4146276503.jpg

image-3014261573.jpg

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I am not a Glock guy. Nothing against them. I'm just not interested. That said, if I wanted a gun that uses a Glock 26 magazine...I would buy a Glock 26. I am shocked that someone would in my opinion destroy the resale value of a gun like that. People do things I think are crazy all the time. But I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. I would also wonder how many smiths would refuse to work on it.

3. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

First of all, I commend the guy for making the choice to try and create what he wanted in a carry gun. A longer barrel with a very concealable grip size. The cuts he made would in no way cause any issues with function of the gun. And the knuckle relief done on the trigger guard is done by many Glock owners. The gun can now use G26 mags for concealability and he can carry G19 mags for reloads or range use. The longer mags can be sleeved so that they look better and enhance the grip, i.e., using a G19 grip sleeve on a G19 mag to use in a G26! I would buy it without any qualms as long as he did not mess with internals and the cuts were not too ugly. The pics seem to show the cuts made were done quite well. Would like to see a picture with a G26 mag inserted.

4. Rick1967

56 views and only the two of us with extremely different views. Really? I expected more people to chime in. This person probably needs more than just our 2 very different opinions.

I have a Mosin Nagant that I have done some home gun smithing on. I cut and re-crowned the barrel and shortened the forend. But I am talking about a $99 gun that I have no intention of selling. I would not buy a gun like mine from someone else. I would be concerned about internal work that might have been done that is not so clearly visible.

5. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I say tie a pork chop to it, and see if the dog will play with it...........:D

6. Rick1967

Nice!!!!!!!

7. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Ya know, Readygirl, until you pointed it out I didn't realize how souless that gun is. I wouldn't say ugly though -- beauty was clearly never a factor in extruding it into existence. It's just filling up the void a nice gun left behind...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  8. marc29th

marc29th New Member

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

It won't cause any issues except for resale value. I have a model 17 that I cut the grip to accommodate model 19 mags. It is a gun I bought cheap, and have gradually been customizing for my preferences. I don't intend to sell it so devaluing it wasn't a concern. It is now more concealable because the grip can be the harder part to prevent printing when carrying. It now takes G19, G17, and G18 mags.

I find the G19 grip size to fit my hand just fine with no need for extensions or sleeves. So, that us the only drawback I see to the G26 grip size, is comfort and controllability. No mechanical issue though.

It won't have as much appeal to as broad a group. So, it comes down to if you like it to determine if it is a decent deal.

10. nate913

nate913 New Member

Truthfully, it scared me off. Went with the G23 to match the G22 that I have.

image-3568540588.jpg

11. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I just do not get GLOCK people?

Sure... I can understand owning 1 ugly pistol given it's popularity, with so many sold, there must be something good about em? Right?

I do not get you fellas who own more than 1 however... I mean MY GOD, how much UGLY can 1 person take?

It's like becoming an Emperor and amassing a HAREM OF FAT CHICKS! :eek:

Gotta be some underlying "self esteem" issues going on with these guys... ;)

Tack

All that said, I'd give the ops buddy $150 for the Frankenglock. :D

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  12. Rick1967

Come on Tack...tell us what you really think.:D You should not beat around the bush like that.

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Haha... Yeah I know, my "subtlety" is "sometimes" lost on folks. ;)

Tack

14. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

One thing that can make a Glock owner buy more than one is the comparability of mags, consistency of trigger and controls in different sized variations.

A guy could shoot competition with a Glock 34 on weekends, taking advantage of the long slide and long sight radius. But pack a G19 for CCW and have a G26 for hot weather carry. Trigger, sights and controls will all be the same. All of them can use the same big mags.

Not many manufacturers can make those claims.

I know they aren't for everyone, but I get how a Glock stable can grow.

15. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Glocks work for some people but I happen to be one of those people that they don't work for. Nuff said before I get into trouble:)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  16. nate913

nate913 New Member

Stop being a hater. One mans trash, Is another man's treasure. What gun brand maker are you into. I personally really like them. There's not a bunch of safety's and other crap that is not needed. I hope to own every GLOCK!! I FREAKING LOVE THEM.

17. ncmedic964

ncmedic964 New Member

I gotta agree, everyone has a favorite brand I think. I own Glock, Sig, Colt, Savage, Kimber, Desert Eagle, Walther...etc. but I when I go to the range I always seem to find a Glock in the bag. I love shooting them and I love the reliability. I own 4 right now with near future plans of at least 3-5 more. Ill stop buyin em when they stop makin em :)

18. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Not hatin... Just ribbin! ;)

...and I'm "into" just about ever builder but Glock... just don't work for me.

Tack

19. Rick1967

I am the same way. I own a bunch of different brands. I currently own about 20 handguns. I haven't counted in a while. But not one Glock. Nothing against them. I just don't care for the way they look. To each his own.

20. Chem-man

Chem-man New Member

Then why are you two in the Glock forum ??

I think it's Glock envy, wanting to see all the cool mods and to be around the cool kids. :)