Do you tell your wife about gun buys?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by zx9rt1, Dec 5, 2012.

1. zx9rt1

zx9rt1 New Member

How many of you honestly keep the wife in the loop of gun related purchases? Do you have any CC's that you use strictly for gun purchases that the spouse doesn't know about? How many if any have been busted by the wife and what was the outcome? Counseling, divorce?

2. zx9rt1

zx9rt1 New Member

Forgot to mention that a car was refinanced to pay off one of those credit cards. Looks like to me it's a very sad situation.

3. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I didn't tell her about one. She found out about it and was way more pissed that I didn't tell her than she was about the gun. But that was before we were married

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

After the purchase.

She trusts me enough to know that I will not put the finances in jeopardy when I purchase a firearm.
    I always figure that I need enough in reserve to purchase two firearms when I buy one.
    She knows that she can purchase something of the same or less cost than what I purchased.
    (She had a field day when I bought the Ed Brown.)

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I tell her straight out. It's my money and they can always be sold if times get hard. If she has anything to say about it I remind her about the $1000+ dollars worth of purses sitting in the closet that she doesn't use and can't sell.

6. Donn

Donn Active Member

She doesn't ask, but if she did, I'd open the safe. She knows I've got guns, she knows there will be more.

7. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

The wife knows I will not do anything we can not afford. If I show up with a new gun without telling her I was buying it I just tell her it's was a surprise for her. Usually she will then say I don't wont that. I won't a new phone or a new purse. Then I buy her a phone or purse.

8. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Being divorced, I don't have anyone that I need to "run my purchases" by. If or when I get married again, she will be like minded in the gun dept.

9. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I tell my wife. I bought 4 in a few months at ons point. Money was not the issue but she still wasn't happy. I got put on hold. Lol.

I'm buying again. Happy happy happy.

10. downsouth

downsouth New Member

When you are married you are a single entity, or should be. If you are deceptive about your gun purchases I contend you will not be honest in other areas of the relationship. We discuss all major purchases and it seems to work for us.

Think about it like this, if your were in business with a partner and that partner suggest to cheat on taxes, how long will it be before he cheats you. It's called character. Jmo

11. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Well said. I agree completely.

12. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Some times my wife dose not wont me to buy a gun. This is usually when she wont's something and we can't afford both. Depending on the situation I may just get it another time. But sometimes I use the well I make the money card.

13. rurak

rurak New Member

We both run large purchases by each other. Shes not really into guns and we have a 4 year old in day care so extra money is scarce but when i work a side job and get paid cash it goes in the safe in my "gun fund" envelope ...... there is currently zero dollars in it! I am buying a 9mm shield come tax return season though!!!!

14. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

When asked I just said I bought the guns using the money that I normally spend on hookers.

:D

15. rurak

rurak New Member

I like it!

16. farthingdv

farthingdv New Member

Yep keep her in the loop. In fact she's encouraging me to purchase more. I obeyed and purchased the Sig 556.

17. racer_x

racer_x New Member

If we had the funds for me to do this. I still wouldnt

Seems to me like a LIE and tring to hide somthing, what else are you hidding

18. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Money & Marriage - loaded question to start but sooner or later you will discover if you are good w money. Hopefully, at least one partner will be. Deficit spending only seems to work for the govt.

19. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Why keep anything a secret from your wife in the first place???? Trust is number ONE in any great marriage, if you don't have that then why be married!!! Me and ZG talk about everything, there are NO secrets!!!

20. carbon15man

carbon15man New Member

I'm with fathead no need to lie about anything... And if you want something an she says its too much than buy her something that cost the same