Do you know of any semi-autos that will feed snakeshot?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by dgray64, Jun 22, 2011.

1. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Hey All,

I use snake shot shells in my revolver, but I saw today that UGS.com which used to have another name has shot shells for sale in 9mm, .40S&W, and .45. I would like to know what semi auto will feed these plastic hulled shells? I have a couple 9s, a couple 40s and at least one .45. They are not flawless feeders though and will sometimes fail to chamber a round. Are there any semi autos out there that will feed snake shot? Thanks for the input.

Dave :confused:

2. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

I don't have a factual source, but I didn't think the snake shot rounds would cycle a semi auto firearm.

3. m72law

m72law New Member

the cci's shotshells will chamber the next rd. in my S&W mod 915 in 9mm.;)

4. csaw44

csaw44 New Member

In my experience a mid length barrel and not to strong of a recoil spring will function using shotshells.

5. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Thanks for the replies. CSaw44, I was thinking more about the plastic capsule jamming on the feed ramp. I think a longer barrel would be great, but most of my semi-autos are 3"-4" barrels with only one 5" thrown in.

Dave

6. csaw44

csaw44 New Member

I have never had a problem with them feeding in a 9mm and 45acp is not plastic on the nose.

7. PalmettoShooter

PalmettoShooter New Member

i have a colt NM 1911 and snake shot runs through it fine, but the gun is designed to shoot lighter rounds (the slide is hollowed out some). and dont worry, i have a beater bbl to shoot it through :)

8. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

My GI will cycle them.