Do You Know A Good Deal On A Complete AR Rifle?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ryevick, Feb 27, 2011.

1. ryevick

ryevick Member

Looking for a good deal on a complete rifle (not a kit). I am new and still learning but I think an AR/M4 5.56/.223 type is what I'll get. I may get a 6.8 upper later on but for now I'm just wanting to put those two words together that don't go together... quality and cheap :D Would be nice if it had an adjustable stock and scope/light rails (handles are nice too). Have you seen a good deal? :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  2. ballfan4141

ballfan4141 New Member

what do you guys think doublestar, dmps panther?

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

There is a vendor on this site. Home Page They have good deals on their brand of M4 rifle as well as Spikes tactical. Check them out.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Have you considered building one of your own? Many, many members here at FTF have built their own AR's from scratch and have gained an incredible amount of information in the process.

Care.
    Maintenance.
    Operation.
    Function.

All of these are important aspects of owning an AR that you will be privy to by building your own weapon. You will also be able to pick your own components which will aid greatly in both the quality and price interests that you are looking at.

JD

5. PSmitty1

PSmitty1 New Member

What's your price range?

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

+1 to this. I'm amazed at the price they offer, for the quality of the parts they use.

7. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Are these 100% as from the Spikes factory or do they assemble them from Spikes parts?

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

9. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Ask them. They are active on FTF.

10. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I though thats what I just did?

11. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

No, I meant "ask RAR". They have their stuff posted in the "Vendor's" area, along with a list of the parts they use.

12. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I think you should build one. You will have a greater knowledge of the operation of a SUR. At the very least, you will know which parts to disassemble VERY carefully in fear of having a detent disappear after bouncing off your forehead. :rolleyes: Its an FTF ritual I guess.

13. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

I always thought the Spikes was a great bargin. It most likely is a Spikes since they retail for $800. A very good buy for a Milspec AR and have heard they have great customer service as well.

14. ryevick

ryevick Member

I would love to build one but I'm a truck driver living over the road and stay out 2-3 months at a time. I hope to be off the road in about 1 to 1 1/2 years but I want to go ahead and get one and put it in storage... with the way things are ya never know. I will probably build a nice one later.

15. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

My original post was directed towards RAR thinking he'd come across it. You're right though, posting it in the vendor area would probably garner a faster response.

16. kyleytxrialover

kyleytxrialover New Member

i just got a D.T.I for 795.00

17. ryevick

ryevick Member

Do you have a link to that?

18. kyleytxrialover

kyleytxrialover New Member

i dont know how to link but go to dti .com

19. ryevick

ryevick Member

http://www.dti.com/ does not come up... if you want to show a link just go to that web site and "right-click" the web address showing in the top of your web browser, click copy, then when you reply in a message just right-click again in the window you're typing in and click paste :)