Do you keep boxes?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by janikphoto, Mar 10, 2010.

1. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

I'm about to possibly move and I have many of the original cardboard boxes that my firearms came in. Do you keep them for any potential collecting purposes, or do you just toss/recycle them? I'm tempted to toss some/most of them, since I never really intend on selling any of these, anyway... thoughts?

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I keep mine if they come in one. Just in case I choose to sell it later. It does help in keeping value if you have the box and paperwork

3. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I toss most of my knife boxes, with very few exceptions. But I keep all of my gun boxes, it makes it easier to sell them.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Of all the ones I have bought in the last few years yes I kept them all. It will add to the value some day if I ever get sick enough to sell them.

5. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

People actually SELL guns after they have bought them? Don't tell my wife!

I have noticed that firearms with their original boxes do command a higher asking price at my local pre-owned gun shop. Having said that I don't have room to keep the boxes, so I toss them.

6. Hunt SD

Hunt SD New Member

I keep every one of them. It will be worth it to someone down the line that I did. Guns with original boxes command a fair amount more money.

7. gadrooning

gadrooning New Member

Yup same reason. Makes firearms easier to sell in future.

8. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I keep my boxes as well. I bought a used S&W that the dealer said he had the original box. When he could not find it, he dropped the price by $25.

9. amoroque

amoroque New Member

I keep all my boxes too. I jsut stash them in the basement. If I sell them or hand them down when I'm an old fart I think it really keeps the value up. :cool:

10. janikphoto

janikphoto New Member

Texans don't have basements... :(

I will keep my boxes then. Thanks!