Do you "Home Carry"?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Wiebelhaus, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Do you carry around the house full time? I do and this is why.

2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Yep. I keep it on me, and very close by while I sleep.

3. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

Yes I do. I encourage my wife to do so as well. Also, we each have our carry pistols in our respective night stands. Am I likely to be a victim of a home invasion? Probably not. But it's possible, and I'll be ready as possible.

4. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

If its not on me its on a table next to me. And the shotgun stays on the armoire in the bedroom.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

It's actually the furthest from me that it ever is, except for while I'm at work. It's in the kitchen, I'm in the living room. However, I would have to walk right by it to answer the door...

And I'm about to ditch this forum for a few so I can clean my kitchen...

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i don't OC in the house as there isn't really a need, because there is always some firearm withing reaching distance at all times. i do carry either a pistol or shotgun when in the woods on my place, just in case of happening across a wild hog or a poisonous snake. i have killed many water moccasons on my place over the years.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

always have a handgun if not a rifle within arms reach at home.

home invasions can happen anytime. your no safer at home than you are outside in the wild.

8. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

I started to after the first home evasion here, I had to wrestle the *******s in the door frame until my wife was able to get my gun, I won't put her in that situation again.

9. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

I love you, Wieblehaus! You're good people! I can't like posts on my iPad... :(

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

i didnt see the link till i read this.

i dont answer the door without a gun in hand the wife doesnt answer the door at all unless its ups or fedex. even then its still gun in hand.

doors are always locked. guns are always loaded. if a gun is out of the safe its got a round in the chamber and a full mag if its going to just sit out for a bit other than getting packed for a range trip or cleaning

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

No- but theres one close in any room in the house-
    Outside at times i do-

12. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Not much need of it around here in small town USA. I doubt there's ever been a home invasion around here. But, I do keep one by the bed, in back of the house, at front of the house and several upstairs... just in case.

13. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Firearm always within reach nearby, and with three dogs always on the alert, not even a ghost can get pass them. Enough warning given! ;)

14. levelcross

levelcross New Member

If I'm awake I'm carrying, if I'm asleep it is on the night stand, if I'm in the shower it is on the towel shelf beside the shower.

15. Moby

Moby New Member

I typically put on my firearm when I put on my pants in the morning.
    Then I just leave it on all day. At night it's on my night stand with an 870 between the bed and the night stand.

16. -06

-06 New Member

Did not carry constantly until a few years ago(7-8). A bud was shot in his back yard while working in his garden. They caught the perps but he is still dead. I now carry and have others stationed around the home and even outside.

17. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Somtimes yes somtimes no, but its always within reach.

18. ares338

ares338 New Member

Do you home carry?

Yep...I sure do!