Do You Have a Truck Gun?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by SGWGunsmith, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Didn't some (at least one) fully automatic weapon get stolen out of some LE agent's car in Milwaukee?

Yep, here is the link.

http://archive.jsonline.com/watchdo...n-from-atf-fizzled-out-ih9b3i8-201363991.html

Ghost1958 likes this.
  2. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

3. JimRau

"Citizen. LEO exactly the same"!! LOL X several million.:rolleyes: You must live an alternate universe!!! Or as they say, 'I want some of the stuff he is taking'!!!:rolleyes:
    What I do agree with and teach to ALL LEO's is WE ARE CITIZENS FIRST AND LEOS'S SECOND! The two are not the SAME!:)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  4. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Ah yes . LEOS are " special ". Above the unwashed masses. Remember I was one for a time and saw the attitude first hand.
    Yeah they are the same.
    Both usually have jobs.
    Some get a JOB where there is a costume and badge . But it's still a job just like a firefighter ems or garbage man.
    Except alot less physical labor in LE.

The only difference is Leo's by and large consider themselves "not the same".
    Until of course it suits their need to be considered the same as everyone else.

5. JimRau

You just don't get it do you. Your prejudice is shining BRIGHTLY through.:( Who do 'people' call when they have a 'problem' they can't handle, or when they have been victimized?

6. Ghost1958

Usually the fire dept, EMS. Sometimes cops but they are always an afterthought .

Here folks dont call the police for anything unless the law requires them too. Most folks dont.

I'd say I have less prejudice to police than police have to the general public.

Actually I dont have prejudice against police. But I dont hold them up as the blue Knights of all that's good and pure either. Cuz they aint.

7. JimRau

Like I said, you just don't get it and you defiantly live in a different world than the rest of us.:rolleyes: Have a nice day! NUFF SAID!!!:)

8. Ghost1958

Nah, I'm right here in the same world as you, I get it too well is what bothers you.

But you are right . I've MUCH bigger problems than wasting time posting stuff that if you are long time LE , we both know but only one will admit.
    My day is going to be taking my best friend ,who is a retired LEO btw. in to start HIS lung cancer treatments at the same place my late wife had hers.
    Itll be just peachy I'm sure.
    You have a nice day.

JTJ and JimRau like this.
  9. Ozark Hillman

Ozark Hillman New Member

It is expensive but what is peace of mind worth.

10. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Then it is worth a piece of your mind! :p :confused:

11. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member Supporter

Here is mine. If I ever need it, it will most likely be for 2-legged varmints, but it will handle any critter that walks the woods with rifled slugs. The Butler Creek folding stock isn't made any more, I got very lucky and found it on Gunbroker from a firearms dealer who found it buried in his warehouse new in the box. I used a little redneck resourcefulness and added the 4-round shell holder to it with a little JB Weld.

Now, if I just had a truck. But it works very well in my SUV.

AA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 03.JPG
    AA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 04.JPG

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    JTJ and Rifling82 like this.
  12. SK2344

SK2344 Active Member

NO but when and If I get a Truck, I will!

JimRau, alsaqr and PeeJay1313 like this.
  13. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Works for me.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  14. Rancid

Rancid Well-Known Member Supporter

That will definitely work. The SKS is an exceptionally reliable rifle, action built like a tank, will run well even when neglected and dirty. Perfect "lives behind the seat" rifle.

15. Ghost1958

Thanks . But that had changed since April to putting a Ruger 556 behind the seat whenever I go anywhere. I take it back inside when I get home.
    Traded the SKS to the AR 15.

16. TelstaR

TelstaR Active Member

I have a single shot handi-rifle in 300 blackout ( in the truck). Before that it was a m44 carbine

17. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Interesting. What does it sound like with subsonic rounds, like an overweight .22?

18. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

My Truck gun is my car gun and my carry gun; it rides on my hip where ever I go. Firearms left in vehicles here in the land of high 90s and 85% humidity quickly become rust buckets. Besides that, if I have time to dig a rifle out from behind the seat, I could probably just drive away, a choice I would prefer to a shootout.

JTJ, RKB, PeeJay1313 and 4 others like this.
  19. JimRau

Roger that, you nailed it!!!:) The only safe/secure place for a PPD is ON YOUR PERSON!:cool: That said when I go on a road trip I have my Marlin 336Y with me.;)

20. RKB

RKB Well-Known Member

Good to have you back, Chainfire!

JimRau and austin92 like this.