Do you have a Dunhams store?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Dec 28, 2013.

1. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

They opened a Dunhams here in mid Tn. last year. They only had long guns but recently they started carrying handguns.
    I took a look today (always go after the holiday). They had a small but usual collection. Lots of Taurus, some common Rugers, Beretta 92s and Neos, a couple of Sigs, and Remington 1911s.
    The prices were high average.
    All in all, nothing I couldn't get from a lgs either a few bucks cheaper, or with some added incentives.
    But I have to say, the prices seemed better than some of the big stores.
    If they have a sale, you might do ok.

2. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

If it's the same Dunhams chain in MI, they always have coupons online, the stores are staffed and managed by kids that know very little about anything. Don't go in unless I absolutely have to.

3. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Yep. Impression I got.
    Three people waiting, myself included, to look at something and were never able to get any help.
    Store was very dirty too.
    Open one year and I don't think the floor has ever been cleaned.

4. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

They aren't the best but they do there best around here ( western pa ) to keep up with dicks field and stream included and Walmart. They usually have better prices and good sales compared to others and a waaaaaay better selection on rifles. Only chain place that sells ak an at type rifles. If you can get past the unorganized feel and bad customer service it's not to bad of a place.

5. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

They are also selling Mosin Nagants for $199.00!

6. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Where are you at? 199 for a mosin is outrageous around here they keep them at 99.00 year round in better condition than most and they come with all the fixings. About a year ago they raised them to 150 and they sat on the shelf for about 4 months until they dropped them back to 99.

7. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Attached Files:

8. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Yeah, they go for $99 at gun shops here too. I don't know what they're thinking.

9. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

They seem to be going for $125 to $175 around here with all of the fixins. The gun show I was at this morning they were at the high end of that range. The one I was at 3 weeks ago they were at the low side of the middle of that range. I have never seen one around here for less than $125.

10. Donn

Donn Active Member

Dunham's around here sell long guns, no pistols. They used to have decent ammo prices pre-panic. Now, like most everywhere else, They don't have much in the way of handgun ammo at all.

11. 1411

1411 New Member

Bought my Mosin from Dunhams, here in WI, a few years ago. It was a terrible clumsy process. I wasn't impressed and have found better sources.

12. mrfox556

mrfox556 New Member

I was in a mid mi dunhams pricing ammo and such. Asked the kid behind the gun counter if I could see that bushmaster I pointed at. He handed me a wasr. I say no, the ar right there. He hands me the mossberg 715. I was done at this point.

13. msup752

msup752 New Member

I shop there as needed. I usually get clothes and other sporting equipment and shotgun ammo. I did buy a Mosin from them at $89 pre panic. Their whole process took a while and no one could comprehend an FFL transfer as I have my C&R license so they insisted on completing more paperwork and calling in a background check.
    Ads and coupons plus they give a government discount on everything including Under Armor.