Do you feel safer since 9/11 ???....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Sep 9, 2011.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Yes another ..9/11..Question....Do you feel safer since they have security everywhere since 9/11 of 2001 ???...I think they have stopped some attacks and I do feel more safe,but at the same time,the country has spent alot of money on security...a lot of money...along with two wars...That was there goal to bankrupt this country...and their doing a hell of a job at it......I hope things get better fast,with all the people out of work and everything else...Floods-Wildfires-Tornadoes-Earthquakes...This doe's seem like the end of the world sometimes....What do you think ???...Just wondering ???.......

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Safer from terrorist threats? I suppose so, especially since osalami bin ladin is dead, but i wonder about his buddies.

I feel much less safe from my own government. Everytime the TSA screener feels up a grandma, the terrorists win a little more, IMO. It is just nonsensible; i mean, the great door of our southern border is WIDE the eff open, but good luck getting on a plain if you so much as fart wrong.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Yep, right up until the next shoe drops! :eek:

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

$$$$ spent does not equal security nor safety.

Do I feel safe? Hell no! Do I feel safer? See previous answer. :mad:

5. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

I truly question the airport security. I've (accidentally) gotten through with knives and spent casings that should have been covered in GSR. But every time I want to take an energy drink through, one thats still sealed, they're all "NOOOO, it might be a bomb. One that is made out of a non volatile liquid with no apparent source of ignition, in a container that would be counter productive to any source of flame."

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I don't feel safer. If the government were profiling extremist Muslims of all races that would make me feel safer. If the airlines would approach airline safety like El Al Airlines in Israel does that would make me feel safer. When they stop taking away my nail clippers when I get on an airplane I may get on a plane again. Until then I am driving, locked and loaded.

7. unclebear

unclebear New Member

ya sure I feel safe about as a safe as a deer during deer season, there taking extra steps to make sure that terrorist attacks don't happen "as much". But still some of us have a better chance of getting shot walking out the door in the morning.

8. shadamai

shadamai New Member

My brother also accidentally got through with a knife...he didn't realize he had left it in his backpack until afterwards. And this was after 09/11.

I would like to believe we are more safe, but the reality is that many Americans are still very vulnerable on so many levels. Why sink so much money and effort into security and then allow anyone to run across our southern border?

9. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I guess well see after today!!!.....

10. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Safer is a relative term. I feel safer because I'm better armed and more practiced with the firearms I've acquired over the years. I feel safer because of the training I've put myself through. But overall, for the country, I don't think safety is the concern of any of our politicians. They're too damned busy being oh so politically correct so they don't offend anyone. For example, they're not illegal aliens, they're "undocumented workers." It's not caused by terrorism, it's a "man-caused incident."

Safer? Personally, yes. For the country? Not just no, HELL NO!

11. 40calcliffy

40calcliffy New Member

I agree personally yes,country no as much. I was on a plane 4 days after 9-11 and there was a lot of apprehension,and it has lessened a bit,but it is still there. Actually illegals are being terrorized. It is by the drug cartels in Mexico. But that still doesn't give them the right to enter the country illegally. As far as political correctness I got 2 fingers for ya ( and you know which 2 ). I am probably the most p.I.m.f.s.o.b. you would ever want to meet and I would tell Obama and any other politician that to their f'n scumbag faces.

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I started to post in this thread late last night and ended up deleting it. But AFG said it here very well. Our government is too full of 'politicians' to be able to do ANY job well.

13. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

+1

It's all about feel good stuff. Somehow we are supposedly made safer by incompetent GS-5 "screeners" who hassle old women and kids. The Homeland Security Dep't is a joke run by another joke, Neapolitano.

14. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

I feel personally safer. Because of security, I don't fly. I couldn't carry a gun 10 years ago. Now, I almost always carry. I feel safer, just not from my government.

15. fmj

fmj Active Member

Not only no, but HELL NO!! Our Gubmint used 9/11 as an excuse to make an end run around the constitution....ole baby bush and his fatherland security act and UNpatriot act were a blatant attack on the 4th and 6th amendments. If the idiots in the central gubmint spent as much time trying to crack down on outside threats (read: border security) as they spend trying to crack down on us and our freedom we would be safe as safe could be!

"Calling an illegal alien and undocumented worker is like calling a drug dealer an undocumented pharmacist."

16. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

17. bkt

bkt New Member

Mike Vanderboegh summed it up pretty close to my thoughts:

Yeah, I remember 9/11.

I remember when 3000 innocents were killed by Jihadis, and I am respectful of their memory. (No, I am not a "Truther.")

But mostly as I look back on the ten years since I am angry as much at the federal government as I am the Jihadis who killed innocent Americans then and continue to strive to do so now. I am angry because I also remember these things:

I remember that the Jihadis, ARMED WITH ONLY BOXCUTTERS, were able to get away with three of the four hijackings because they were operating in government-mandated victim disarmament zones.

I remember that, despite that, a scratch force of unarmed, no, make that DISarmed, American militiamen and women, foiled the targeting of the fourth group of hijackers.

I remember that the spirit of responsibility and resistance had by then been so bred out of the American citizenry that the Jihadis were able to succeed three out of four times. They counted on us being sheep and we proved them almost entirely right.

I remember that we were then told that this was a "War on Terror," not on Muslim Jihadis -- as if World War II was a "War on Blitzkrieg" or a "War on Naval Air Attacks at Dawn." I remember that we were told this by the government and the lap-dog media because the government decided it was politically incorrect to tell the truth.

I remember that the federal government -- of both parties -- used this as an excuse to rob us of even more liberties so that today the federal leviathan has even more power and we are fundamentally far less free than we were on 10 September 2001.

I remember that 11 September 2001 was, at its core, a failure of government and as a result we got MORE government.

Yeah, I remember 9/11.

I remember the blood, the carnage and the sacrifice. I remember the New York cops and firefighters charging into the twin towers. I remember Americans on Flight 93 rising to the occasion, even though disarmed by the government, to sell their lives as dearly as possible. I remember that armed citizens, passengers or pilots, randomly positioned on four mundane aircraft, could have prevented the whole thing, even had the Jihadis had firearms themselves.

Yeah, I remember 9/11.

I remember it as an abject failure of government for which the people -- then, now and in the future -- have paid, are paying and will continue to pay, the price of that failure.

---------------------------

Do I feel safer? Safer as in "insulated from harm"? No, not at all. But am I better prepared than I was 10 years ago to weather lots of bad events? Absolutely.

18. fmj

fmj Active Member

19. bkt

bkt New Member

I wasn't going to 'til you posted that. Damn. I hate when that happens.

20. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Agreed! Amen