do you carry while at home?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by targetshotpro, Jul 29, 2012.

1. targetshotpro

targetshotpro New Member

How many of you guys/gals carry you firearms while in your house, or do you just stash your gun around your house? I carry my fnp-9 usg IWB while sitting about the house just in case i have unwelcomed guests bust in. So please share your set up

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/you-armed-when-home-66094/

3. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

On my person, No. Very close by, Yes

4. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

Usually right next to me. I will take it off simply for comfort but my Kimber is less than 6 inches from my bey board right now.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

as that i usually have several about in different places, no, not in the house. i usually carry outside in the woods around the house, usually a pistol or maybe my M94 30-30.

6. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

If i lived somewhere that i felt the need to carry a gun in the house i would move. And where i live, in the recent past was a lot more violent place than America and i never felt the need to carry in the house.

7. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

If not on me it is within arms reach.

8. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

another point is, if they make it past my dogs, they will be plenty compliant and i doubt a firearm will be needed!

9. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

I just laugh at this one.

10. manta

In stead of laughing give a reason if you can on what you find funny. Or is that the best reply you can think of. ?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  11. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude New Member

Here in good ole jersey only Leo and criminals get t carry outside the house. So yes I carry at home because it's the only time here in jersey I get to become friends with my firearms.

Would love to move away but the wife and I have all our family here in the garden state.

12. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

No matter what you think or believe you in the same danger in your home as you are walking the streets. So for someone to think they are safe at home and do not need to protect themselves from others because they live in a safe area are just covering their eyes to the problems. That makes you a sheep. I for one am a sheep herder and will never let my guard down. You statement is laughable.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  13. cvia

cvia New Member

I'm new to conceal carry so I carry at home to keep myself in practice. Like today I cut my grass while carrying my M&P 40 in a Crossbreed plus I need to break it in. That leather is stiff out of the bag.

14. manta

Maybe its different in America if someone carried a firearm around the house here he would be laughed at. I know lots of police officers here that are not under some possible threat but real threat form terrorist organizations. None of them carry their firearm around the house it will be near by if needed. If you feel that under threat that you feel the need to carry a firearm round the house that's sad.

15. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

I don't care where in the world I live in I still will protect myself at all times. In my house your house or at a mall. Just my belief.

16. manta

Fair point at the end of the day its your choice.

17. targetshotpro

targetshotpro New Member

I like to prepare for the worst but pray for the best, i live in Illinois so i can't carry a gun outside of my home,but i do keep a knife on me every second of the day, so wearing my gun on me does three things,1 my family feels more comfortable around guns,2 if some thing happens i don't have to run to get my gun or fight off a person with just a knife.3 it is also training, i draw my gun about ten times a day just to stay constant.

18. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Manta, not picking on you directly, but I wanted to use your quote about the police officers you knew.

This is fantastic if you have an Early Warning System that tells you trouble is coming. However, there have been a lot of home invasions where the warning was the 300 lb gang member splintering the front door open. If your gun is not on your body, it will probably be arming a gang member at that point. These are not "bad neighborhoods," this is the Heartland of America. You can't assume that you are in the right neighborhood or will have enough warning. As soon as you believe it can't happen to you, you become a possible victim.

19. Longrange

Longrange New Member

I have a very high percentage of carry, and yes that includes in and around the house. Either a glock 22 or s&w642 iwb. I would rather have it and not need it.

20. MrWray

MrWray New Member

The other day me and the family were coming back from town, we saw this guy hitch hiking down our road which doesnt happen very often. The guy was really sketchy looking and was walking partially in the road so we had to slow down and get over a little,and as we went by him he yelled some profanity at us. He was only about 1/4 mile away from our house heading in our direction so i knew that he would be passing our house shortly. We were unloading groceries and before long i knew that the guy should be close, so i told the wife and kids to get inside the house. I already had my 1911 on me soi kept unloading groceries while watching the highway. Sure enough here the guy comes and i knew that he would recognize the car,and sure enough he did. He was carrying something in his hand but he was about 30yds away and i couldnt tell what it was. He stops and starts yelling profanities at me and waving his arms but i cant make out everything that he was saying,he doesnt seem all there. THEN he starts walking towards my yard in an aggressive stride. I then start walking towards him, i point at him and say "you are about to make a huge mistake,you better keep walking down the road." lucikly he stops,then he stares at me for a few seconds, then he starts down the road again. You never know whats gonna happen while at your house, if i would have been inside this guy could have came to my door and things could have taken a different turn.