Do ya get tired?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by locutus, Feb 4, 2013.

1. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I know the founding fathers warned us that eternal vigilance is the price of freedon.

But do ya ever get tired of having to fight for your basic, fundamental human rights every f##king day of your life???

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Not really I am just a natural born killer.:eek:

Attached Files:

3. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

I shouldnt have to do it (fight everyday for my God given rights) but Im not tired of doing it. So many more have done much for our freedom's and rights. Keeping the gun grabbing liberal's at bay is the least I can do.

4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Anyone who is a serious fighter for gun rights should become active. Become a state Hunter Safety Inst. or an NRA Certified Firearms Inst. Get involved in local party politics.
    Just paying your NRA dues is not enough.:)

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I do get weary of the fight at times. When that happens, I semi tune out the news and the forums and focus on other things. I don't like to be completely out of contact with what's going on which is why I say semi tune out.

We moved to our BOL a couple of months ago, so there's plenty to do here that's productive and useful. It's good for my peace of mind to get us set up. I still manage to focus on the other stuff, just not as intensely.

I served in the Air Force from 1967 to 1971, I'm a cancer survivor and I'm not getting any younger. It's time for younger folks to step up. I'm not leaving the fight, but some younger folks have to start doing the heavy listing.

6. AR10

AR10 New Member

Yes, I do, sometimes.

7. Donn

Donn Active Member

Who doesn't? It's like going to work. Unless your last name's Trump or Gates, you gotta do it. The other side's relentless, we have to be as well.

8. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

The wolf is always at the door.....

9. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

That is just what these people want. They want to wear down the people so they will lie down and take it. So no, I don't get tired of it. Because I can't.

10. NativH

NativH New Member

I never grow tired of the fight, for what my ancestors risked being hung as traitors to get me. My wife occasionally gets tired of it, then something happens to bring her right back in line and more pi**ed than me. I do get a bit tired of being pi**ed all the time but that beats the hell out of being subjegated.;)

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Tired of fighting for them
    Tired of reading about them
    Tired of hearing about them
    Tired of having to worry about them :mad:

12. locutus

Yeah, we have no choice but to fight. I guess I just can't understand "the other side."

How can so many people hate freedom and the constitution as much as we love them?

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Government drones--
    They NEED to be told whats good for them :confused:

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The left is not opposed to guns or gun ownership. They are however opposed to "Who" owns firearms. Can you imagine if Wayne LaPierre came out with a picture of him holding a gun? The Left wing media would go crazy. Obama however pictured with a shotgun is a good thing.:rolleyes:

15. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

Sometimes it does get monotonous and it feels like I shouldn't have to work at it...then I just remember that if I don't, who will? Should I ljust sit here watching the T.V. while all those soldiers' and patriots' lives go to waste?

That usually gives me a second wind.

16. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

With any bad thing in life there often is a good side to it,like when you meet a fellow pro gunner in a world of liberals,it's a warm friendly feeling.And also it's good to get a good laugh out of what the gun control advocates say and think,I know it's a serious matter but I do laugh alot at their theology..I think they really do believe in unicorns at the end of the rainbow..

17. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Don't think anyone is saying to stop--
    Just dead azz weary of having to fight, worry ect to try & hold on to the very same rights we should NOT have to do all that for AGAIN & AGAIN :(

18. locutus

That's it exactly, Hoss.

We shouldn't need to battle every day for the very basic human rights that our forefathers took for granted.

We especially shouldn't have to fight our fellow Americans.

I guess this is a function of getting old, but I grow weary of this. I'll fight 'til my dying breath, but I shouldn't need to.

19. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

This battle we talk about everyday on this forum is important for sure, but its only a battle in a much larger and longer lasting war. My family has a very long history of gun ownership and gun smithing and many lived in a time when one could do pretty much what they pleased. Fast forward to today, most of us with more than a few years behind us have lived to see many limits and laws placed/proposed on what we hold to be important aspects of our lives. The current fight to preserve our right to do what we love is probably more important than ever though, as the the very foundation of the 2A has come under fire. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I'm trying to make the point that we shouldn't feel as if any victory in our time is a victory for the ages, its just a stepping stone. I often think about the next generation of Americans, now young children who are forbidden to even draw pictures of firearms in class, get suspended for bringing a water gun to school, etc.. I have kids and have read the policies in their school rule books which seems to be norm in all schools across this land. They are slowly being taught that all guns and not people are the evil do-ers. Following the gun control timeline, in 20 years there are probably going to be less and less people who care to defend these traditions given what we doing now. I don't mean to imply that all is lost, but the fight is to become tougher and tougher in my opinion and we should all be prepared for that...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  20. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I haven't forgotten the oath I took over forty-five years ago and will honor it until I die. However as many of us grow older, defense of the Constitution weakens. We're losing generations that were raised in different times. The WWII and Korean War veterans are almost gone. In not that many years, we, the Vietnam generation will be gone as well or too decrepit to aid in the defense. Unless younger people carry the banner of freedom, those freedoms will be lost as surely as the sun rises.