do we really need the BATF?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by lonewolf101, Jul 29, 2011.

1. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

Cant the FBI take over? do they have something that no other angency has?
    since I have been alive they have made it a point to make gun owners look bad! and try to get the 2nd Ad. written that nobody except the Govt can own guns.

RUBY RIDGE

WACO and other raids gone WRONG.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

just like the epa and federal dept of uneducation its not needed.

3. OC357

OC357 New Member

Probably not needed as a seperate entity.

BATF though would make the best stuff for your BOB.......Burgers - Alcohol - Tobacco - Firearms............the alcohol and tobacco would be worth it's weight in gold for barter in a SHTF situation and the Firearms would protect it.....hahaha

:D

Just some thoughts.

OC

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Who's bringing the chips and dip?

5. moonpie

moonpie New Member

i thought this thread was about the dips

6. KahrCarryingInfidel

KahrCarryingInfidel New Member

I'm not sure the FBI could duplicate the kind of brilliant ATF leadership that conceived and executed operations like "Fast and Furious".;)

7. OC357

OC357 New Member

Ok then.....we will rename it as BATFD....the D for Dips....:p:D

Has a better "ring" to it....haha

OC

8. cmhill

cmhill New Member

mehh not sure if we need them or not but i will tell ya they DO make mistakes called in a customer to nics he was delayed. failed to pick up his pawn within 30 days so his form was void, came in to try again he was delayed then recieved a denial about 30 mins later... another 30 mins passes and i recieve a denial for the form generated over amonth ago.. well over the alloted time for a denial in which after that time had expired the firearm could have been transfered...

9. bkt

bkt New Member

I'm dead-nuts certain we don't need the BATFE and we sure as hell don't need the FBI to pick up their work. We need to nullify the inane laws that have come about over the years (NFA, GCA'68, etc.) which gave reasons to create the BATFE at all.

10. orangello

orangello New Member

In a previous thread, someone commented that BATFer's were good at finding illegal explosives and such. I think it would be nice if they could spend more time on that part of their mission and leave the gunshops and gunowners alone. Not hatin'.

11. opaww

opaww New Member

Well your government officals and non-government officals tend to believe that the American people need regulating, and control so they have every type of control safeguard in place and wepoans are no deferent. If they did away with the ATF then some other government agency would just step up and take their place. Who knows what we would end up with?

12. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

Yep...it's the devil we know or a new devil we don't. Either way it's a devil but at least we have some knowledge of how retarded the current devil is. The new one might be "drool with each smile" retarded.

13. fudo

fudo New Member

Is that even a serious question?
    NO:mad:

14. Millwright

Millwright Member

I disagree with the first part. Elected and bureaucratic officialdom see "regulating" as their rice bowl. IOW, its needed - even if when it isn't - to keep their rice bowl full.

Trashing any agency is "breaking their rice bowls" , IOW condemning them (figuratively) to starvation. You know how they'll react to any movement even hinting at succeeding in that program.

IAC, I agree "better the devil we know". We just have to find ways and means to effect a sea change in the ATF culture. >MW

15. PatC

PatC New Member

This country might be so far in debt if we didn't have all these agencies that do the same things. And lord knows that the TSA is right there with the ATFE!! God help us!! Pat C.

16. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

Back in the 80's they raided a house in the early AM kick in the door and CUT the man gun safe! all the guns were legit so they were po'ed and I remember the NRA trying to get them to pay for the safe! BUT that just shows them as THUGS NOTHING ELSE just like the SS in old Germany.

Its just wrong when the Govt goon squad can get away and not pay for there wrong and TRASH A MANS PROPERTY.

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Well,sir, I believe you're right.

We need to form a cabal or cartel of our own. One which will see to it

that those guilty of this disgrace in federal government abuse NEVER

allow ANY of these people to ever handle a gun, EVER AGAIN.

Since this is the least of what would happen to ANY OF US in

similar circumstances, it's the least we can, and should, do to

these hooligans with BATFE BADGES.

After all the hoo-wah about how WE are irresponsible with guns, my

word.

18. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

All of the BATFE horror stories involve the firearms compliance people.

In the late 50s and early 60s i was an Army EOD guy stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC. Blew up a lot of moonshine stills for the Alcohol and Tobacco division of the IRS. Blew up one huge operation that was making over 1,000 gallons of moonshine per day. They had two propane trucks for firing the still.

They were a bunch of good guys who just wanted moonshine off the street: Unless the moonshiner was a really big operator he seldom went to prison for the first offense. Quite a few folks went blind from drinking bad moonshine back then.

The explosive compliance guys at the BATFE are good folks.

19. therewolf

therewolf New Member

The big boys wanted the moonshiners off the streets because they were

cutting into their profits. It's that simple.

And once again, major corporations, using OUR tax dollars, exploited the

Fed, via the ATF, to wipe their butt.

This country is truly changing from the "Land of the Free" to the home of

the VERY brave...

20. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Uh, not quite. It's about a federal tax on whiskey that was first imposed after the Revolutionary War: Purpose of the tax was to help pay for the war. President Washington called out the militia when booze makers in PA refused to pay the whiskey tax and attacked federal tax officials and a US marshall. Parts of PA were occupied by US militia.

Yep, the whiskey tax did favor the big producers.

The Whiskey Rebellion | Early America's Milestone Historic Documents

President George Washington's proclamation:

George Washington's Proclamation of The Whiskey Rebellion -- Page 1

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011