Do not Copy/Paste Content

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by notdku, Apr 18, 2011.

1. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

If you want to quote a portion from an article and include where you found it, that is fine. However, please do not copy and paste entire articles as we end up getting notices to remove them.

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

No problem, I usually give the source link and author credit.

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

No problem, I usually just plagiarize!

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Is it okay if the source is included in the C&P?

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The issue arises when we cut & paste the full article, even with credit given.

Always credit the author and supply the link but only post a small portion of the article as a teaser. It’s when we just "re-distribute" the entire article that these issues present. (I know I'm the one that got busted!)

If the info is post worthy, just say something like "I found this article to be very informative on (subject) and I read it here:" and post the link.

We don't need the forum getting anymore of these copyright infringement complaints popping up!

Sorry guys. cane

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Okay. I'm guilty of it as well. :eek:

7. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

We all are, the laws are being contested so people are checking more and more on their content. as a result I'm getting contacts to remove that content.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Rutro! I'll try to remember that going forward.

9. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I would assume that it would still be OK to cut and past 'alerts' from the GOA and NRA (if they ever had something useful)? I think they actually encourage you to forward their stuff.

10. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

11. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

10-4

I might be guilty of said infringement in the past, however I always include the author and a link to the original article thinking it was enough to avoid copyright laws. I guess a quick summary and credit is in order now.

12. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Also guilty. Thanks for the heads-up!