Do it yourself pizza

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by HM2Grunt, Sep 27, 2013.

1. HM2Grunt

HM2Grunt New Member

I always seem to miss out when the"What's for dinner tonight?" thread is going around.

Tonight, because there is nothing in the house to eat that trips my trigger, I am going to make my own "Hail Mary Pizza" I called it that because I just throw it together, and asked the higher powers to make the wife like it. The only mission specific ingredient was the pizza crust mix. I put some italian spices in the dry mix before I added the water. Used Bar-B-Q sauce, it was all I had. on top of this was chopped ham and summer sausage, covered with matzarelli cheese. Smells good cooking, her words. I will have to get back to you as to whether is some higher diety up there watching out for me.

2. magnumman

magnumman New Member

My theory is that anything that can go on a sandwich can go on a pizza. My personal favorite is my BBQ pulled pork pizza

3. HM2Grunt

HM2Grunt New Member

Well, the crust was a bust. My dog loved it, but she loves liking her ass too

4. srtolly1

srtolly1 New Member

Pretty close, don't think mayo would work out well. I've done BBQ chicken pizza with success. I've never had much with ham and BBQ sauce that tasted good.

5. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Anything that can go on a sandwich? Gees man. A peanut butter and jelly pizza? :eek:

6. magnumman

magnumman New Member

Ok that might be stretching it but I have
    Made s'mores pizza. Gram cracker Pie crust, chocolate sauce and marshmallows. I dont think peanut butter would be too bad on that

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I make my own pizza, too, on occasion. I usually cheat and buy refrigerator dough pizza crust. Then tomato sauce or paste, spices, lots of cheese and onions. Sometimes I add mushrooms.

8. Fun_tymes

Fun_tymes New Member

This may seem strange but if you like flakier crusts, mix some vodka into the water you are using to raise the yeast if you make from scratch. Also add sour cream to the dough. It gives it a nicer taste.

9. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Member

for last minute pizza I use pita bread for the crust
    When I was in Italy I brought home a lady that became my wife... Home made pizza is a regular thing here and it is very much appreciated!
    I do plan on making an outdoor wood fired pizza oven next summer