Do I really need anything more?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by ymmas, May 10, 2009.

1. ymmas

ymmas New Member

good afternoon, new to this group , i am a 67 year old male spent 6 years in the corps ending in 69, i own a few acres on the borders of ok and ks locally called the sand hills, this is mine and this is were ill make my stand if pushed into it, iknow the terain i know te flora and fuana( SPELLING IS NOT MY STOCK & TRADE) , my wepons locker holds these calibers, 2 ea 223, 1ea22-250, 1ea 25-06, 3 each 243, , 4 ea 308 2 each 30-06 , too the south of the stand is open terrain and gullys, to the north is rolling hills gullys and black jack timber east is small towns and factorys to the west is a platau and gullys prarie hay and blue stem , am i set up ok for what may happen, i am not a radical just a little woreied about me and mine , i was taught to hold and squeez by some of the best wepons people on earth, , i have done what i had to out to 1300 yds, not meters knowing this do ihave enough caliber our should i hunt down a couple of 35 whelins
    ymmas

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Welcome to the Forum - I think what you have now is a great collection. The .06 alone will do just about anything needing done in a SHTF scenario. The .223's can have ammo found everywhere.

NEED is a personal opinion. If you think you need more, you will probably find a weapon that makes perfect sense to you to own.

At least that is how it works for me. :D

JD

3. Carne Frio

Carne Frio New Member

Sounds like a fine collection ! Welcome !
    An accurate 22lr rifle and a quality 12g might
    make it easier for small game. Hand gun for
    me is important, also.:D

I'm also a vet from 1966-70, with 11 months
    in and around Danang.

4. ymmas

ymmas New Member

ok

semper fi bud, there are 6 in my family ,counting 2 son in laws , thats 8 just short 1 for 3 fire teams, they are armed that way ! total of 11 hand guns 5 45 and the rest three 40, and 3 9mm, i didnt even include the 22s rifles 8 and a few rugers22 auto, hope we never need this stuff but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    semper fi ymmas

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Welcome to the forum ymmas.

Thank you for your service.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like you have it pretty well covered except for a couple of 12 ga pump guns.

Thank you for your service. I've got your 6, from Central Texas.

7. ymmas

ymmas New Member

hey dillenger, you were right went north to a gun show picked up a old savage in win 300mag , that ought to work real well ,the rifle and 250 empty,s for 475.00 priced the brass , hell i may have to resort too bank robbery

ymmas

8. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Good job on the 300 Wmag. Thats what alot of our boys are sniping with these days, as it packs some extra wallop that the ol 7.62 cant provide.

I know Navy distance shooters use it alot, That and the .338 Lapua.

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You could do a lot worse than what you have. Link- scroll WAY down the left side, look for article called "Minimum Battery". Author is a friend who is faculty at Virginia Tech. THE NEW RIVER VALLEY OUTDOORSMAN

While a shotgun has much less range than any rifle, there are times they are very useful, and a handgun is much more portable.

10. ymmas

ymmas New Member

updated the wepons locker

setting back watching the world go by, ive come to think that the MESS is going to be sooner rather than later, so ive added 6 new wepons, 1 i bought 1 out right the other 5 i orderd parts and spent some time in the work shop assembeling 5 m4 carbines, 4 in 5.56 and 1 in 6,8 spc' the help listed in this forum made the 1st one a good wepon but they got better as i got used to the flow and didnt try any short cuts, many thanks from me and mine to you and yours
    ymmas in the flint hills

11. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

I have no idea what your first post said but, honestly, use a spell checker. Punctuation and grammar always count. Not one single period in the entire ramble.

12. m72law

m72law New Member

just know when ya go to reload your .300win.belted mags. i would load a tad on the conservative side...(lead bullets-n-fast burning powder helps...)(bullseye works with just about everything)...those cases wont last long in full charge mode.(most suffer sort case life)....this is why the 35 whelen is the best all around long range TKO round out there...between the 30-06 and the 416rigby the 35 whelen is the only fill n the gap non belted mags to choose from..sounds like you got all agles covered with no probs...hope ya dont have to use your geometry anytime soon...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  13. ymmas

ymmas New Member

sir

please delete my intire history as i withdraw from your group

14. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

I'm kind of lost on this post. :confused: What happened?

15. m72law

m72law New Member

ME TOO...i wasnt bashing you ymmas on anything you wrote...i was just giving a lil advice to ya.if ya ever go reloading them 300win mags...your more of a man then me if your shoulder can take that kind of punishment...;)hope none of use have to use what lil we have (compared to our gov.) if what looks to be around the corner turns on us:(

16. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

ymmas, never mind that members' spelling and punctuation comments. I understood you just fine. Stick around and don't let someone's rudeness chase you away.

Just wondering if you have any handguns in your collection? Maybe a 1911 or a .357 or a 9mm might be in order.

17. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

Its really nice to know Dcomf is a literary genius but it seems he could use a lesson in getting along with people without trying to find fault. I understood ymmas perfectly and would much rather communicate with him than someone that is going to scrutinize my grammar.

18. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I PM'd ymmas and asked him to stick around last night, but he may be gone.

19. riley

riley New Member

Man, thats too bad, i was enjoying this post. That was pretty f@*in rude PERIOD

20. ymmas

ymmas New Member

getting a little thin skinned

guys i guess i am a little thin skinned, had a long night , my daughter in law is in the hospital about to deliver another boot for the corps! spent 5 hrs in the waiting room and was in a real bad mood when that person got on my case. I know my spelling is the S***s but to be truthful typing is painful to me, i use my thumbs and a pencil rigged with wire that fits my thumb and for finger crude but it works, ill be on the forum as much as i can,
    SEMPER FI

ymmas in the flint hills