Do any of you carry your guns??

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by SquirtGun, Aug 3, 2007.

1. SquirtGun

SquirtGun New Member

Do any of you carry your guns around? Mine are all scratched up from carrying

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Carry

A firearm is a tool. Tools get used and scratched. Expensive tools get cared for better and get put into cases for transport. My expensive tools have cases/holsters that prevent much of the scratches and dents. My inexpensive tools get scratched and I do not fret over it.

3. allmons

allmons New Member

I carry every day

Tools do get scratched. But every one thinks my Glocks are so ugly, I feel that the scratches gives them personality.

;)

4. sixgunsamori

sixgunsamori New Member

I find that I prefer to carry my ugly guns. My poor old Keltec 32 has taken a real beating, but my new PF9 will probably be giving it a break as soon as I find the best carry load and get it broke in well.

5. siggy40

siggy40 New Member

I have a .38 S&W snub nose that I carry, I have an in the pocket holster and it doesnt seem to get beat up at all. As long as it works if needed.. :D

6. SabreArms

SabreArms New Member

I have not carried for a loooong time, its hard to plan the day around the fact that I am packing. What to wear, where I can go etc...

7. Spartan

Spartan New Member

of course i carry

whats the point of owning a gun and having a permit if you dont carry. i carry all the time and pretty much everywhere i can. i dont feel whole if i am not.

8. 1984cj

1984cj New Member

My carry gun has alot less blue on it now than it did when I bought it 16 years ago:D
    But as said before it's a tool and it gets used and use leaves wear marks.

I tell myself that it gives the gun character :cool:

9. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano New Member

As much as possible- I consider myself ARMED AND NOT DANGEROUS,the criminal is armed and dangerous

10. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Hard chrome your gun - it is the most scratch resistant finish U can do. I have my P99c slide hard chromed. No holster wear :)

11. RMTactical

RMTactical New Member

I carry a Glock so mine tend to look great despite the fact that I carry them everyday...

Not that it matters...

I carry a Glock because the damn thing works and I shoot it very well.

12. Gun Looney

Gun Looney New Member

Yep, Glocks only get better with age.

Glocks make poor safe queens, and truth be known, hate such a life because all the other guns shun them once the door is closed. ;)

13. calvinbr

calvinbr New Member

I feel the same way

Calvin

14. glkguy

glkguy New Member

I ve heard that the finish on a glock is so tough that they have been dropped in battery acid and all kinds of horriable things only to come out looking just the same as when they went in. thats just hear say though.

15. teknoid

teknoid New Member

Every day, as much as possible. I've noticed that some guns show less wear than others. My M&P has some holster wear, while the Cougar has none at all. Either it's because the Cougar is steel, or maybe because I carry it IWB? The finish on the M&P slide seems to wear easily.

16. BLS33

BLS33 New Member Supporter

Nope, it's illegal.

17. HadEmAll

HadEmAll New Member

I carry all my centerfire pistols on occasion. I try to treat them all like the precious flowers they are, but stuff happens. They all have their "beauty marks" as a result of this or that, and I've got every blemish on them all memorized.

Like that little bump on the tip of my wife's nose, or the tiny scar at the corner of my youngest son's left eye. Or the birthmark on my lower right back. Just part of their existence.

I could list them all here from memory, but that would make my fingers too tired.

18. rev-arb

rev-arb New Member

Depends where I am going......When we travel I often do.

19. HadEmAll

HadEmAll New Member

Hmm. They're tough all right, but after on and off carry of my G23 for 11 years, it is easy to see some finish wear on the slide. Definitely wouldn't confuse it with a new one.

20. punkndisorderly

punkndisorderly New Member

When I lived in Alabama, I carried frequently. Mostly if I was going out after dark. In the day time, in the area I lived in, you were as safe as you could be anywhere. Most of the time I carried a SA .45 loaded compact in a SOB holster. It worked well, and was very comfortable. I think I carried all of my pistols at one time or another, if only to see how they'd feel as a carry gun. I even carried my big 'ol .44 Magnum on a few occasions (loaded with Specials since I wasn't anticipating an attacking bear).

The closest I ever came to presenting it was when several drunk rednecks decided they wanted to beat on me and a buddy because we had gone to a different high school. After saying "hey, I'm not looking for any trouble" and getting "well, it looks like you found some", I moved my shirt to the side so they could see the butt of my HK .45. I repeated that I wasn't looking for any trouble. They decided to call it a night after that.:) Had it been 1 on 1, or even 2 on 1, I would have just taken the chance of an asswhipping. But 7 on 2, and all of them bigger than me and I was scared.

Since I moved to Texas, I've not bothered to get a permit, and don't carry. It's much more expensive, you have to burn a day off doing a class, and classes are almost always when I'm working. Maybe some day.