Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading that the Feds may want to limit magazines to 10 rounds. But I don't know if that is for rifles only or hand guns as well.

Was hoping someone could help to clarify.

Thanks very much.

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
First it has to become a law. The chance of another AWB passing are almost as good as winning the lottery and being struck by lightning on the same day.

·
Banned
3,396 Posts
[ame]http://youtu.be/NxzrahUUTi8[/ame]

Good thin they can't be reloaded so fast.

·
Registered
957 Posts
It was just pure political theater, much ado about nothing really, don't even worry about it, it won't pass, not a chance in hell. .....but it's all mags.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Apparently it will make it illegal to own a gun that any of these

detachable magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds
Pistol grip
Non fixed stock
Bayonet lug
Thumbhole stock
Threaded barrel
What will? has a bill even been introduced in the house or senate yet? there's a crap ton of speculation on the internet on what all the "experts" THINK it MAY contain, but I don't know that anything has even been proposed to the floor for votes.

Until I see an actual proposed bill hit the house or the senate, I will say that nobody knows anything about what may happen, and anyone who claims to know is only trying to boost their ego by claiming to know something they don't

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If a magazine size limit is passed, it will include eveything. The ainti-gun crowd will not stop at just rifles or assult rifles...they want it all.
Harsh.

New York passed the 7 shot clip limit. I find that shocking. I still think a 15 shot clip for hand guns and for assault rifles would be a better compromise.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is so screwed up. I own 6 firearms, but none are Assault Rifles. The push for these draconian limits make me almost want to go buy one or two just to respond to this hysteria.

Perhaps that's not a very mature stance, but I don't feel like I want the government telling me that I can't do something that is supposed to be constitutionally protected.

I'm conflicted.

I feel like if you are not doing anything wrong, you should have nothing to hide, so I don't have any issues with background checks for all purchases, private or public.

But the fact that they want to take away even the option of law abiding citizens to own firearms that have been available for so long - that is upsetting to me.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
SubZero said:
Harsh.

New York passed the 7 shot clip limit. I find that shocking. I still think a 15 shot clip for hand guns and for assault rifles would be a better compromise.
Why compromise? There's no where that says we shouldn't be allowed a 30 round magazine for whatever weapon. We are guaranteed our rights by a piece of paper called The Constitution that many Americans have fought and died for. No body should tell us what we can and cannot have because they want more control over you..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why compromise? There's no where that says we shouldn't be allowed a 30 round magazine for whatever weapon. We are guaranteed our rights by a piece of paper called The Constitution that many Americans have fought and died for. No body should tell us what we can and cannot have because they want more control over you..
In my mind I'm trying to come to grips with what happened and has happened before that, and what seems fair and reasonable.

If I can have 6 clips holding 15 shots in my pockets instead of 3 clips holding only 7, I don't see that as such an imposition.

I'm just trying to reconcile things. Processing, thinking out loud. Trying to figure things out.

I'm not an all or nothing person, not like I was when I was younger.

Anyway, 15 sounds really good to me for a compromise. BUT, saying which guns we can and cannot buy - that really does bother me.

I don't mind having to do background checks. But if I follow the law, I don't want them to tell me I can't buy what is readily available elsewhere.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I was at local shop today and he had just got in 3 cheap ar's and sold them at $3000 each I was like WTF and people were waiting like coyotes for road kill insanity !

I even saw him sell a frontier polymer lower one for $1500 I was like WTF FOR REAL !!! Dang people are desperate.

And at $80 per 30 round pmag what a bargain ok I'll take 4 NOT !! lol but the ghooles loading up on rifles paid it lol

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
"Reasonable"? Who's definition of reasonable are we using? I for one am sick and tired of us having to be reasonable and make concessions to keep the panty waist, hand wringing, hoplophobes happy. NO MORE!!!

And, they are magazines, not clips. (yeah, I had to go there)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was at local shop today and he had just got in 3 cheap ar's and sold them at $3000 each I was like WTF and people were waiting like coyotes for road kill insanity !

I even saw him sell a frontier polymer lower one for $1500 I was like WTF FOR REAL !!! Dang people are desperate.

And at $80 per 30 round pmag what a bargain ok I'll take 4 NOT !! lol but the ghooles loading up on rifles paid it lol
It's a mess. Cabela's can't keep them in stock.

I don't use Assault Rifles, don't have any interest in firing them or owning them really. They just don't seem like something I'd enjoy.

But the fact that the Government is trying to tell me I can't have one makes me want to get one.

I saw a 9mm at Cabela's with a 33 shot clip for about $750 last week. I honestly thought about picking it up just because of these proposed limitations. I wonder what that means? Buy something I don't really want just because they tell me I can't? Bah - not sure what to do on all of this.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Reasonable"? Who's definition of reasonable are we using? I for one am sick and tired of us having to be reasonable and make concessions to keep the panty waist, hand wringing, hoplophobes happy. NO MORE!!!

And, they are magazines, not clips. (yeah, I had to go there)
I can try to see where you are coming from, but I've known friends who had their children shot. One families lived, the others did not. One was killed by a fellow student from their high school who bought the gun from a tuff he knew.

So perhaps I'm a bit too sympathetic.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
SubZero said:
It's a mess. Cabela's can't keep them in stock.

I don't use Assault Rifles, don't have any interest in firing them or owning them really. They just don't seem like something I'd enjoy.

But the fact that the Government is trying to tell me I can't have one makes me want to get one.

I saw a 9mm at Cabela's with a 33 shot clip for about $750 last week. I honestly thought about picking it up just because of these proposed limitations. I wonder what that means? Buy something I don't really want just because they tell me I can't? Bah - not sure what to do on all of this.
Not very many people own actual assault rifles... Unless you have a rifle capable of firing more than 1 shot per trigger pull, it's not an assault rifle. The AR stands for Armalite. And they take magazines, just like every firearm that holds more than 1 round (excluding the Garand, that's the only rifle I know that takes clip)

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I can try to see where you are coming from, but I've known friends who had their children shot. One families lived, the others did not. One was killed by a fellow student from their high school who bought the gun from a tuff he knew.

So perhaps I'm a bit too sympathetic.
and magazine capacity would have made a difference how? :confused:

G

·
There does not have to be a bill. Nothing has to go through congress. The president can pass and/or order a law through executive privilidge. It will happen. Get used to it.
cottontop

1 - 20 of 51 Posts