Disturbing new gun bill

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Bigcountry02, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

This bill by Sen Schumer!

This is not going after the person(s) under substance abuse charges; but, looking at the mental portion. Reading further into the bil page 13 talks about "Background checks for firearm transfers by unlicensed person"

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112s436is/pdf/BILLS-112s436is.pdf

This is a comment from another forum:

"Now they want you disarmed if you have convictions of pretty much anything, or have medical records indicating that you've had any kind of mentel stress/disorder - maybe you've talked to a therapist once or twice (let's not forget that big brother is going to have control of the medical industry, and should have instant access to your medical records just as quickly/easily as your criminal ones via a giant database). Oooh....and if we can just get that national firearms database online, we can really get the ball rolling on the disarmament of the people.

Didn't they make it mandatory for troops leaving the military to have some sort of counciling before returning to "normal" life? I have wondered if that wouldn't be used against them sometime soon....wouldn't want all those trained people armed and possibly on the wrong side of a "disagreement" with the goobment right?"

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  2. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

They can certainly try.

If this passes then i guess i will be owning firearms illegally, i welcome the government to come do something about it.

I say again, they can certainly try.

3. AleksiR

AleksiR New Member

In Finland it´s already mandatory to deliver a doctor´s statement about your mental health to the local PD when applying a purchase permit for a handgun. Wouldn't really even bother me, but getting the statement can be a little tricky. The public health-care doctors are required by law to give these statements, but when your trying to get an appointment they always come up with some BS about being too busy or anything to keep them from writing these statements because it makes them responsible also if someone goes nuts with their gun. The easiest solution is to turn to the private sector, but they can charge what they want for the statement because they know the problems gun owners are having with the public health-care centers... :mad:

Don't give up your rights! We don't have anything like the 2A in Finland and are being pushed around all the time.

4. General_lee

General_lee New Member

They'll just keep steadily nibbling away at the 2nd Amendment until it's completely gone.
    Give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile.:mad:

5. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

This sucks. On the bright side, I'm pretty much broke and can not afford the purchase of a gun. The ones I did have I lost in a boating accident of the Georgia cost.

6. Colossal Urprising

Colossal Urprising New Member

I hope the NRA and other groups are all over this. Thanks for posting it, the drive by media will never talk about it.

7. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

This bill is WAY out of hand, this bill forces colleges and universities that get any kind of fed money to create "teams" that are to measure the potential risk factor of students and report to the state, who will be required to report to the feds. If your on the list, no guns for you!

So I guess in the federally funded liberal minded schools, if a student has an issue of American Handgunner magazine, they will find themselves on this list??

You can find this crap in section 124, which is on page 8 of the bill.
    :mad::mad:

8. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

A fine anti-gun bill brought to you by commissar Schumer: 27 pages of total trash. i don't doubt that it would pass the senate. It will not pass the house.

9. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Bright side? If you're a true believer in the 2nd Amendment there is no0 bright side to any pro-gun control bill.

The NRA is "all over it". The NRA-ILA is all over everything that has to do with our right to bear arms and in turn, our freedom. They fight tooth and nail to protect us from any new regulations as well as retract any old nibbles out of the 2nd amendment that they feel they can gain on.

If you love your sport, hobby, family heritage or whatever draws you to owning a firearm, then it makes a lot of sense to support the NRA and its ILA divisions.

I know a lot about being broke. . . when I first joined the NRA I was in between construction projects and fresh into recovery from an operation, with medical bills stacking up big time. I got an offer for a 3-year membership for something around $50. It felt right and I wrote a check, after making sure I had the funds to cover it. (BTW I have a family of 4, mortgage, car payments, etc.)

Since then thing have been pretty thick and I make sure I help out every one of their "special interest" and "legislative" branches, even if I can only afford $10 at the time.

It's all a matter how much you care about your beliefs and your willingness to stand behind them andf DO something, not just talk about it and complain after something goes the other way. :eek:

10. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

^^^^Well said Sir!!^^^^

A lot of folks say the NRA has gone over to the dark side, I don't agree, any organization that fights to keep our rights alive is ok in my book. I know they have been mired in the political machine, mostly ,I think, from having to rub shoulders with the political ass-hats in DC. I think if anyone is financially able, they should join some of the other 2A rights advocacy groups, GOA, SAF, JPFO, CCRKBA, or whichever you prefer. But if your sitting on your butt, complaining and DOING nothing to help, then your just wasting your breath.

WE MUST, FOREVER, KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT!!!

11. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

So, just what will qualify to keep you from getting as weapon next? Chronic pain patients can't be of sound mind. The pain drives them nuts and they take medication!!!! And if you cuss out a boss over some....thing or another you must be unbalanced.

And the big one. You are a student at good ol liberal U..Go Jackasses!
    Anyway..You have an NRA sticker on your notebook because you think it looks cool. The patrols of people that are looking for loonies turn you in as a threat. Anyone that wants a gun to begin with can't be all that sound of
    mind ....Right? :rolleyes:

12. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

Cory2, I sypmathize with your stance. But if they come to my house, I am pretty sure I am neither skilled nor foolish enough to try to stop the ATF (if they're hitting it aggressively). The NRA has its faults like all organizations, but they are a huge proponent of our gun freedoms in America. God Bless 'em.

The best case scenario about this situation is to keep your mouth shut unless directly asked a question. Obama and his cabinet are the Gun Salesmen of the year, more people bought weapons out fear of his planned restrictions that have not yet come to be. He is so busy with other things on the agenda. Hes at the point in his presidency where he pisses Republicans and Democrats off, and nothing he does from this point on will be "right."

13. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

That's crazy and the worst part is, they're lowering the standards of what they call "mentally defective" or mentally unstable etc you name it. This means that when buying a gun one day you may be denied because 20 years ago you saw a psychiatrist for whatever reason, or because you had ADD/ADHD as a kid. Just like how health insurances used to be able to deny you coverage because you had a pre-existing condition 40 years ago. And I don't want to be the conspiracy theorist and all but they give you so many drugs that directly hit the brain (prozac, quit-smoking-pills etc) that it accelerates the process of becoming mentaly defective in their book. I travelled and lived in different countries and I noticed that in the US they give you strong drugs for pretty much anything such as antibiotics for a cold.

Exactly what I'm doing :) I've also been passionate about weapons since I can remember and after years building airsoft guns, I really wanna get into real firearms.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  14. cuate

cuate New Member

Anti Gun, 2nd Amendment Bills

Seems they are never ending from the antis...They fear guns but I don't think for the reasons publicised, more likely more ulterior motives like when they try to completely wreck our Old Republic they want no defense from
    patroitic American GunOwners !

15. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

Yeah exactly what I meant by a "government that fears its people". It's so much easier when you're facing a defenseless population.

16. bkt

bkt New Member

So far, the only co-sponsor of this bill is Kirsten "Chuck Puppet" Gillibrand, the other idiot senator from New York. If it gets more support, it could get traction and actually become a serious concern. As it is right now...it may die a natural death before going anywhere. We'll see.

17. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

I don't doubt New Jerseys commie-crat Laughtenberg (sp) will jump on board with this, he is as anti freedom, anti-Constitution as they come.

18. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

19. Theunsb

Theunsb New Member

Read the South Africam Firearms Act and then you will know what is in store for you. You better believe it or you are gonners within 5 years. MO:mad:

20. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I went to a good sized state school and a couple of times I felt like I was singled out for my gun ownership.

For instance, I had my truck parked in a university parking garage which was obviously a gun-free area. On my back window I have an NRA sticker and a smith and wesson logo. When I returned to my vehicle after class there was a campus rent-a-cop slowly working his way around my truck looking in the window. I (being the @$$ hole that I am) hit the panic button from about 50' away almost causing him to need a new pair of uniform pants. I appologized for hitting the wrong button on the remote and asked him if i could help him. He said that he was checking my parking pass (which hung from the mirror, not in the back seat or on the rear window). I reached in, handed him the pass and told him to have a nice day. Did he write down my plate # and put me on some kind of a list? no idea but it wouldnt surprise me.

I would rather be a flag waving gun toating redneck than a flag burning pot smoking hippie.