Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a carbine length AR-15. I have a free float quad rail and a low pro gas block. I want to turn my upper into a dissipator upper. I'm thinking I will need a barrel nut, delta ring assembly, a handguard cap, and a front sight assembly. Oh and rifle length handguards. What am I missing?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Your barrel has to be cut with the proper reliefs for a fixed fsb. Not all are.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
no. you just need to contact the barrel maker/supplier to see if your barrel has been profiled to mount a fixed fsb if you plann on using one.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Yes a true dissy will have a rifle gas system. A mock dissy will have to have 2 gas blocks if you want a fixed FSB up front.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
real dissys can be problematic, not enough dwell time. mock dissys have that problem sovled. IMHO its gotta work gud, then look gud.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dude I'm excited. Will be my 4th, and probably final, build. I've wanted a dissy for a long time. I just love the way they look. Of course it has to function properly too. Its a PSA so I have nothing but confidence. I did a good amount of research before making this thread. I wanted to make my current upper into a dissy upper, just wasn't sure if it was possible. Dumb luck really that PSA put them back up on their site right when I made this thread. I'll post pics once I get it. It's going on a Spike's Punisher lower.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.