Disappointed in Del-Ton

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by cfraga1978, Dec 8, 2011.

1. cfraga1978

cfraga1978 New Member

So I ordered a rifle kit from Del-Ton on their Black Friday sale. I got their 16" mid Kit has everything but a stripped lower ( I found locally for $83.00). After Two weeks of waiting my order finally got here today. I had my work space all set up with all the tools that I will need to build my riffle. In the box there was my upper, ergo grip, M4 butt stock /w Buffer tube, buffer spring, and buffer But NO LOWER PARTS KIT:mad:. I looked on the invoice and it was listed as shipped with everything else. I am so disappointed I was really looking forward to putting some rounds down range this weekend. I guess i will give them a chance to make things right before I completely trash talk them. Has anyone out there ever dealt with Del-Ton's Customer Service?

Attached Files:

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Dude that sucks. I know that feeling all to well buts it's usually because I forgot to order something like a gas tube.

I have heard of this happening before w/ DelTon. I imagine some of us tried to stear you away but hey next time, right, lol.

I feel for ya man.

3. cfraga1978

cfraga1978 New Member

Yeah I have heard it before. But they sucked me in with Military 5% discount and black Friday 15% off. I got the complete kit for $430. Oh well we will see tomorrow when I can get someone on the phone.

4. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I understand completely. It just sucks that things like this happen.

5. cfraga1978

cfraga1978 New Member

Ok so I talked to Del-ton this morning. They said they were going to ship out my lower parts kit 2nd day and I would have it Monday or Tuesday. So I asked for a refund on just the parts kit and I would buy a lower kit at my lgs. They said that was not possible because it was purchased as a kit. She then talked to her supervisor and got the ok to ship it out next day air. So lets see if I get my parts tomorrow or not. I may still get a chance to put some rounds on target this weekend.

High angle hell. Death and destruction from above.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

If you don't want to wait I'd recommend going out and buying a good LPK locally so you don't have to wait. The Del-Ton LPK I used a couple years ago was pretty rough so you may do better locally.

Also it makes a lot of sense to have a spare LPK on hand so why not keep the Del-Ton as a spare or even sell it.

Mainly saying all this so you can get started today!

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Dude.

The delton kit should be your backup it.

Incase you lose a spring or a detent goes flying etc.

Just do what Quentin is suggesting, get one local have go enjoy your self this weekend. Why let a small hiccup hold you back?

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Course......

And extra lpk laying may be construed as constructive intent......for another build. At least in my eyes.... LoL

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yep, clever way to put it. I've never seen an LPK that didn't grow up to be a real AR. AR parts are like seeds! :p

10. cfraga1978

cfraga1978 New Member

Lol I tried to run it buy the wife and she said " hell no you can't spend $50 more on your gun" oh well I guess I just have to wait.

I do like the way you guys think though.

High angle hell. Death and destruction from above.

11. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Too bad wives don't think more like us! :D

Honestly though, she's probably way ahead of us. She knows what happens when you have extra parts laying around!

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Got a friend who has an AR? Maybe you could try out your upper on his lower this weekend... just a thought.

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

It's typical scenario. There you are digging through your parts box when you come across a LPK or rail. Next thing you know, poof, AR.

If it's there Sat. you should have n trouble getting to the range. What time does the mail come? I'm lucky my mailman is at my door by 10am most days.

If you were closer I'd tag along and loan you a lower.

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

dude....you got $50 in change under the couch man............YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT.....

15. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I'm closer, 1978. Boise - but still we're across the state from each other. $50 in gas or in an LPK... hmmm, let me think about it! :D

ETA:

Ummm, forgot to calculate the round trip, you could get two LPKs! :D

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  16. cfraga1978

cfraga1978 New Member

LOL. Quentin I wish I could make the trip out. Maybe if you make it out this way we can make some noise.

mjkeat my UPS confirmation says it will be here by 12:00.. Hopefully I will get a few rounds shot before dark.

17. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

That's good news considering the time of year.

Don't worry about pictures until you get back, but don't forget about them either.

18. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I'm jealous. I'm lucky if the UPS guys makes it here by 5:00 PM. It has at times been as late as 7:00 PM.

I've starting having places ship stuff to my work. UPS comes by noon there.

-Fred

19. cfraga1978

cfraga1978 New Member

OKAY STRIKE TWO FOR DEL-TON

So my parts kit never showed up today. Apparently Del-Ton put the wrong address on my package. Now my kit wont be here until Monday so I said F--k it and drove down to me LGS and picked up a DPMS parts kit for $58.00. so I got everything put together and shooting.

After my wife shot my rifle and loved it (first time shooting an AR) she suggested that we use the other parts kit to build her a gun.:D WIN WIN

Oh and one more thing ......... F U Del-Ton

Attached Files:

20. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I told you I've never seen an LPK that didn't grow up to be a real AR! :p

Well played sir, you should thank Del-Ton for screwing up on the LPK! You sure you didn't intentionally give them the wrong address for the LPK? :D