Firearms Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone like dirty guns here? I mean like never cleaning your gun unless you have to. I've had my mp9 and haven't cleaned it since I've shot it. I actually like when my guns are dirty and smell like gunpowder. Except my rifles.

·
Administrator
34,617 Posts
I like the smell of gunpowder at the range. But I also like the smell of Hoppes #9. I clean my guns after shooting them. Maybe not immediately but within a week.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I clean them when I get bored, sometimes that means cleaning an already clean gun:D

I never clean them immediately unless I shoot corrosive ammo. I don't mind the dirty look at all, but don't let it go over 100-200 rounds between cleaning. My SKS gets wiped off and I do clean the moving parts, but its never had a brush down the bore, probably never will either.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Anyone like dirty guns here? I mean like never cleaning your gun unless you have to. I've had my mp9 and haven't cleaned it since I've shot it. I actually like when my guns are dirty and smell like gunpowder. Except my rifles.
The smell of napalm might be missing from your menu. :) As for me I need to clean my firearms immediately after shooting off several hundreds of rounds. I found recently that that which was once silvery looking remain black when cleaning it two or three days later. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.