Dirty Kimber

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by fordracing, Feb 11, 2014.

1. fordracing

fordracing Member

My buddy is selling his Pro Carry II, which I've shot before, and although I already own a 1911, I'm interested. He shot it last over a year ago, and never cleaned it. He paid $1000 for it and wants $700 but I can get a new one online for that much.
    Is this thing damaged and what would you pay for it?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

does it come with any extras? holsters, ammo, mags, ect., ect.,......

sometimes extras sweeten the deal a bit. now if you can get the same gun new, for the same price, that is hardly incentive to buy the same one used. with a new Kimber, you are getting at least a one year warranty, used, nothing. if it doesn't work properly, you're stuck with paying to have it fixed.

personally, i'd show him where you can get the same gun for the same price and offer, $500. just my thoughts.

3. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much about it not being cleaned. .. Modern components are much easier on fire-arms.
    If you are familiar with a [Field Strip | Detail Strip ], you may wish to go over it before your purchase.

Powder residue may attract moisture and may promote corrosion, but most likely not.

Like Axxe said... extras? sure. . . if they are extras you want or need.

If you like what you see.. and you both can settle on a fair price why not.
    Sounds like you priced them and have a feel what it would be worth to you vs a new Kimber.

But if you can do as well new... (Consider shipping/ffl fees/tax/whatever) I'd go new.
    Some states you can still transfer without paper, another savings when buying used.

4. fordracing

fordracing Member

I think I would offer him $500 for it. I would like to clean it first. I like how lite weight it is. It's a nice gun.
    Still mulling it over.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

A used Kimber with bling added, is still a used Kimber.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

and if it's over a year old, there is no warranty. Kimber only offers a one year warranty.

7. ChrisWar

ChrisWar New Member

Ford,
    Where have you seen a new pro carry for 700?
    I might want to buy one at that price. My son got a Sig C3 at the oaks show NIB for a bit over that. That Sig is really nice, btw.

8. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

I try not to buy cars or guns from friends. Friendship is worth more than a good deal on a gun or car. Walk away, and help him sell it to someone else. Be a friend first.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

9. fordracing

fordracing Member

$750 on gunbroker osage county guns.

10. fordracing

fordracing Member

Your right. I wouldn't be actively looking for this gun if he hadn't told me he's getting rid of it.