Firearms Talk banner

8641 - 8660 of 8721 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Tonight,,, first picked up a fresh bread dough from the bakery.
Then fried sausage, onions and peppers with just a touch of garlic in a pan.
Then rolled out the dough and spread out the above mentioned ingredients, and rolled it into a high calorie unhealthy joy to behold.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Leftover pot roast with various veggies, its getting better as it 'ages'. ;)
Amazing how that works.

I do a soup that works that way. A half hour out of the pot, it ain't bad. But if it "rests" for ~3 days, it's twice as good with far more complex flavors.

·
Supporting Member
12,005 Posts
Last night we had home made Chicken and Dumplins, Bacon Wrapped and Grilled Scallops, of the Grill and Bacon Wrapped Crab Meat off the Grill.
And tonight we are going to have Left Overs. Sometimes like Chili, Chicken and Dumplins the more you warm them up the better they are.:)MMMMMMMM!
Chicken and Dumplings.jpg

·
Administrator
34,292 Posts
Tonight was meat loaf muffins, mashed sweet potatoes with honey soaked pecan pieces on top and sautéed mustard greens.
EC1BA684-7CBF-45F6-8BBF-E400B11195EE.jpeg

·
Premium Member
10,232 Posts
This week I made pot roast with carrots and potatoes, chicken and rice, teriyaki chicken and roasted vegetables, and blackened salmon with roasted vegetables. If anyone is hungry please stop by because I think I made enough to feed a family of 5.

·
Administrator
34,292 Posts
This week I made pot roast with carrots and potatoes, chicken and rice, teriyaki chicken and roasted vegetables, and blackened salmon with roasted vegetables. If anyone is hungry please stop by because I think I made enough to feed a family of 5.
All sounds so good.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,655
Not dinner, just something for a snack
IMG_20210103_161053.jpg

What does Havarti go with? Fruit, of course!
What does fruit go with? Pastry.
What happenes when you put Havarti, fruit, and pastry in a mini Hadron collider?
Cheese jelly filled puff pastry shells!
3 with raspberry/peach jam, 3 with raspberry jam.

I'm thinking cranberry havarti next. Or maybe cherry.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,658
Loin chops, spaetzle, and a quick gravy to go on it all.
I spiced the chops with salt, white pepper, sage, thyme, and garlic powder. Browned them on the stove top then finished in the oven.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Loin chops, spaetzle, ...
Grew up with the stuff, now and then. It was always part of a great "comfort" dish we made up. Good stuff, when done right. Haven't made it for some years, but thanks for the reminder.

A good spicy bratwurst, noodles, spaetzle, bread crumbs, cottage cheese, some fresh herbs, all tossed together. A drizzle of flavorful gravy or a good grated cheese over the top. Yum.

·
Registered
117 Posts
We've had Haluski with Kolbasa and Bacon for the last 3 days! First time I ever made it. I took the recipe from "The Salty Dog" and added chopped Bacon! Usually Anita(my wife of 46yrs today) is only good for twice of any meal cooked or brought in. This ran out after 3 meals this evening. I'm Irish and she's Italian, so Haluski wasn't included in family menus!

8641 - 8660 of 8721 Posts