Firearms Talk banner

8601 - 8620 of 8721 Posts

·
Administrator
34,292 Posts
Carry out. I’ve been baking and the kitchen is full of Christmas goodies makings. Carry out lasagna for me. Small pizza for Balota.

Reactions: boatme98

·
Supporting Member
12,003 Posts
Later this afternoon we are having "Home Made" GUMBO!:)
GUMBO 1.JPG

Saving room for tomorrows FEAST at a friends home! Being a Country Boy growing up cant hardly believe the table settings. It is always amazing to me the spread they have there on Holidays. The dining room table is Hugh and seats 12 people easily. And regarding the spread, it will range from appetizers of all kinds, cakes, pies, turkey, ham, cranberry sauce, casseroles, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, ice tea, soda, coffee and even their traditional wine toast for the Holiday. Oh and for some of us an ending evening with some Bourbon. Simply put overwhelming! Can't wait!:D
And for Winds they will have a very large tray of assorted Pickles and various cheeses on it.

And thinking of Thanksgiving I feeling very sorry for the folks in Commiefornia this Thanksgiving! They need to rebel! This is America!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Chinese takeout.... Sweet and sour chicken. I need a nap now.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,612
Thanksgiving dinner will be:
Baked glazed ham, bread dressing, cranberry sauce, and roasted asparagus.
Got the ham out resting to bring it to room temp., about 2 hours.
For the glaze I infused some white rum with pineapple.

1 stick butter, melted Then added everything else
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C honey
2 Tbs Dijon mustard
1/2 C or more rum
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Heat untill just begins to simmer then remove from heat. If you leave a sweet glaze on heat too long it will get to sticky to baste with.

Made the bread dressing already so all i have to do is best some in the nuke machine, made the cranberry sauce last night so all I have to do is the ham and asparagus.

·
Premium Member
10,232 Posts
Our convenience store has started making take-home-meals basically like frozen dinners but fresher so they brought in a bunch of those for us for lunch today. I had chicken bacon Mac and cheese that was actually pretty good. Not like anything I cook myself but good for what it is.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Brined, dry rubbed, apple and pecan wood smoked and finished with a maple/bourbon glaze.

8601 - 8620 of 8721 Posts