Firearms Talk banner

8581 - 8600 of 8721 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Needed to use my bell peppers so I made stuffed bell peppers this week.
I like doing that in a squash "boat." Say, a butternut squash ... sliced in half it acts like your peppers as a container. Filled with a bit of meat, fresh herbs and freshly-ground spices, onions, garlic, peppers and a few seasonal "root" vegetables. Roasted, at the end, then when done it's topped with cheese. With a side mixed salad, it's all pretty healthy, too. Yum.

·
Premium Member
10,232 Posts
That looks delicious, Cinder.
I used leftover taco meat, black beans, corn, mexican rice, pepper jack and cheddar cheese. Kinda easy to just throw everything together.

Reactions: winds-of-change

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Reheated "pot stickers" (fried dumplings) from the best of the nearby Chinese restaurants. OMG, are those things good. An herbed and lightly-seasoned meat-and-veggie filling fried lightly to perfection, with a hot Chinese pepper-oil drizzled over it all. Not exactly a "square" meal, but too bad. Mmmm.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Yesterday was oven baked brisket with mash potatoes mixed with cream cheese and a tomato salad on the side with sweet tea.

Today was fried mixed vegetables, it had pasta, carrots and broccoli and shredded cheese and also an oven baked peach cobbler along with some sweet tea as well.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Made a kind of green chili and Thai curry combination. Started to make a green chili, tasted it and it was hotter than I wanted to eat. Added some Thai green curry paste, and a bit of fish sauce. Then I added a can of coconut milk. Actually turned out pretty good.

·
Premium Member
10,232 Posts
IMG_20201118_102237709.jpg

Eating lunch early today, picture doesn't look that great but this is a favorite of mine.
Seasoned sweet potatoes, black and red kidney beans, bell peppers, onion, threw in half a jalapeno this time, fire roasted tomatoes, green chilies, and cheese. I throw some sour cream on it and usually eat it with corn chips.

I also made half a batch of chicken tortilla soup yesterday so should have a little variety for food this week.

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,594
Dont know what I'll do for dinner but I'll be having cranberry sauce on the side!
IMG_20201120_123834.jpg
IMG_20201120_123848.jpg

Glazed walnuts, orange, cinnamon, and all spice added in.
Glazed walnuts- 1/3 butter/honey melted, add 1 1/2 C nuts and cinnamon if desired.
Roast for about 5 minutes, stirring.
Pour onto lined sheet and delegate to cool.
Refrigerate up to 1 week, freeze longer.

·
Supporting Member
12,005 Posts
3 Hot Tamales smothered in Red Salsa and melted shredded Mexican blend Cheese!:D

Reactions: boatme98

·
Administrator
34,292 Posts
FFB8D6FD-FC5B-4601-8AE0-343ABDDBC3E0.jpeg
72998D64-EAEC-492C-9A8A-F76D20DEDAD7.jpeg

I’ve been making lots of pecan pralines, candied pecans and Chex mix. The kitchen is over run with those ingredients. We eat whatever we can get. Sandwiches, hot dogs, etc.

8581 - 8600 of 8721 Posts