Firearms Talk banner

8561 - 8580 of 8721 Posts

·
Administrator
34,292 Posts
This is something I would like to try
Fermenting is very easy. Just prep the veggies, put it in a mason jar and wait a couple weeks. The longer it ferments, the more tangy it is.
Lasagna. It is such a pain in the butt to make it, but I've not had good lasagna in a restaurant for 30 years, and my recipe is perfect to my taste. I make a double batch, cut it into serving-size pieces and stuff my freezer with it. Should get me thru to this time next year.
Okay. You made me want lasagna. I made some today. It was pretty darned good. Thanks for the suggestion. Preceded by a Caesar salad.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,232 Posts
Fermenting is very easy. Just prep the veggies, put it in a mason jar and wait a couple weeks. The longer it ferments, the more tangy it is.

Okay. You made me want lasagna. I made some today. It was pretty darned good. Thanks for the suggestion. Preceded by a Caesar salad.
I might have to make some lasagna on my next day off. Sounds good. It's getting cold so I'm definitely in a soup and comfort food mood all the time lately.

Reactions: winds-of-change

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Old fashioned cheese burgers with Mac n cheese, leftover potatoes and carrots.:D

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,565
Carbonnade a la flamande
IMG_20201101_114354.jpg

A beef and Belgian beer stew. Usually served with a plate of pomme frites, I'm not bothering with that. Think I'll just roast some potato slices of chunks.

·
Administrator
34,292 Posts
Last night we had cod fillets, sautéed spinach with bacon and onion, half a sweet potato and Brussels sprouts.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Last night we had cod fillets, sautéed spinach with bacon and onion, half a sweet potato and Brussels sprouts.
Mmmm.

Love grilled halibut done sort of like that. Dill, a dash of spice, and lime juice drizzled over it, with "trimmings" something like you guys did.

Myself, I had a couple of crab cakes, avocado, onions, garlic, collard greens, and a small glass of a good port wine. Not much, but yum.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
View attachment 229864 Spicy kimchi duck Ramen
Oooh.

I've been adding my fermented kimchi to a variety of dishes. A little goes a long way. Solo, it's a bit too hot for me, but it's great with any number of other foods. Beans, rice, salads, soups, grilled fish, roasted vegetables, others. Love what a good fermented kimchi does to flavors.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Smoked a nice tri-tip steak with pecan and cherry wood, a spring-greens salad, and papas arrugadas (salt-crusted potatoes).

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Smoked a tri-tip steak using both pecan and cherry woods, eaten with a nice spring-greens salad, and papas arrugadas ('wrinkled' potatos) on the side.

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
Creamed turnips - pulled the last ones from Management's garden this afternoon. Set up for the winter with Irish Cobbler potatoes, sweet potatoes, hot red peppers dryng, kraut, corn, lima and green beans, okra, bread & butter pickles, dill pickles, 9 assorted jellies, salsa, canned tomatoes, frozen bell peppers, and strange stuff my daughter planted waiting to be et up. Then there's the fungi daughter brings in from the woods - pricey in St. Louis stores but free if one knows what's good. Chantarelles and such. Paw-Paw jelly went fast.

One jar of pickled sucker left in the ice box. Chickens still laying 16-18 eggs a day (that I find before the basset snags them).

·
Administrator
34,292 Posts
Today was a ‘feed yourself’ dinner. We had a big lunch. Balota had a Marie Callender’s chicken pot pie. I had a big bowl of my home made sauerkraut, two Clausen pickle Spears and a few slices of bread and butter pickles. :oops: Later I made us each a bowl of banana, mixed berries, a bit of heavy cream, topped with honey soaked pecans and a few diced dates. Soooo good.

Reactions: boatme98

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,580
I've got all the stuff to make a pizza in a pan, I guess I'll try it this weekend.
I don't expect much but maybe it'll be better than frozen.

Tonight I made a grilled loin chop, rice, and a quick onion gravy.

8561 - 8580 of 8721 Posts