Dinner, what's up?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Sep 13, 2012.

1. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Not feeling very well so I just steamed some rice and added chunked onions and loin chop pieces sauteed in soy and saki, then added some hoisin sauce and cashews.

2. boatme98

Oh boy, bean sandwiches for lunch tomorrow!

winds-of-change likes this.

3. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

PB&J and cereal with coconut milk, It was kind of weird

4. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

A day late Winds, that was yesterday here!:p:p

Tonight was leftover shish-ca-bobs from Sat night! YUM!!!

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

We have Bible Study on Tuesday nights. So I want something quick and easy with little clean up. So it’s grilled cheese, hot dogs, carry out fast food.

6. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Good planning! I tend to eat leftovers a couple of days later, I hate eating the same thing 2 or 3 days in a row.

7. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Winds having dogs and beans. Now, why does that sound funny? :p

Love the Bush's baked beans. Every so often, I roast up up a bunch of veggies (peppers, onions, garlic, asparagus and whatnot), along with a few chicken thighs, then mix with a big can of Bush's. Put into a few smaller RubberMaid tubs (freezing the excess), it makes for weeks' worth of servings. Can "nuke" a big bowl of the stuff in about 5mins. Great time-saver, and with the veggies can be pretty healthy too.

8. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

Waygu NY’s topped with lions mane and oyster mushrooms, there may have been a side of vegetables or something but I don’t really remember.

boatme98 likes this.
  9. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Tonight we are going to our neighbors home for dinner.
    He is grilling out a Pork Tenderloin and also has some great Spicy Sausage to grill from Chicago. Also Potatoe Salad, grilled Squash, Zucchini, Vegies and Hawaiian Brand Dinner Rolls, Chocolate Cake and Ice Cream. Oh did I mention with Real Irish Butter and Strawberry Preserves for the Rolls!:) I am getting hungry already just thinking about it and Dinner is 5-6 hours out!:p

boatme98 and winds-of-change like this.
  10. G66enigma

Having a glass of cabernet sauvignon, tonight. A 2017 Carmen Gran Reserva cabernet sauvignon (from Chile).

Highly-rated at the 2019 Decanter World Wine Awards (97/100 pts), if you follow such things. Rated among the best 11 cabernets in the world, that year. (9 "platinum" and 2 "best of show." "platinum" cabernets for the 2019 awards).

Astounding taste. Very smooth, really fruity, but with a decent amount of complexity. Nothing bad. Much good. Nice touch: $18 at a local shop. Hard to beat, IMO, particularly for the price.

winds-of-change and boatme98 like this.
  11. winds-of-change

Tonight I made seared Ahi tuna steaks, corn on the cob and steamed broccoli, cauliflower and baby carrots.
    I got burned putting the tuna steaks in the hot oil. :oops:

12. G66enigma

What was the tip in the film Julie & Julia, with the beef bourguignon recipe? Pat the meat dry with paper towels.

BTDT, with fish. Dang, but the splattering oil hurts. But not when I've ensured they're about as dry as can be prior to slipping into the oil. Oil just lays there, then, for the most part.

Ahi steaks and good veggies. Sounds really good.

13. winds-of-change

Italian salad, boneless pork chops, broccoli. I had a small potato, Balota had stuffing.

boatme98 likes this.
  14. boatme98

Tonight my daughter and sister made a real meal for me, chicken picatta, saffron rice, a nice salad with balsamic dressing, and rosemary bread with a spider olive oil dip.
    And they cleaned up! I could get used to that.

15. winds-of-change

Go live with your daughter.
    Though you cook yourself some pretty good meals.

boatme98 likes this.
  16. G66enigma

That'll work.

Sounds great. It's been awhile since I haven't done the cooking. Don't often do a fancy main entree, but a variety of simple dishes with great herbs and spices ... yeah. Amazing, how amazingly good-tasting a dish can be with simple, quality ingredients and a few select herbs and spices.

One of my favorites, recently: slice up Brussels sprouts, asparagus, onions, various peppers, along with whole garlic cloves. Toss in a bowl with a good olive-oil, minced herbs and a bit of spices. Spread onto a large, deep-edged "cookie" sheet, and cook @ ~425ºF until golden-brown. "Toss" (flip) to get the other sides nice and toasty. Almost doesn't matter what other dishes this goes with, it's always a crowd-pleaser. One pan's worth of veggies fills much of a 1gal freezer bag, so it can be stored for future use in the coming weeks. Just heat up, with fresh olive oil and spices, and zing! Yum.

boatme98 and winds-of-change like this.
  17. winds-of-change

Tonight we had broiled marinated Ahi tuna steaks, sweet potatoes, Asian salad and broccoli. Delicious.

18. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

19. G66enigma

Wimped and did a cheeseburger. No veggies, no fruit ... just a cheeseburger. Don't do those very often, at all. Tasty. I'll hop back in the "saddle" tomorrow.