Dinner, what's up?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Sep 13, 2012.

1. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Thanks winds. Things went pretty good. Things still aren’t right, but seem to be getting better.

dwmiller likes this.
  2. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

had a pepperoni and mushroom with extra mozzarella cheese. washed it down with some ice cold Coke Cola. so good.

dwmiller and winds-of-change like this.

3. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Dinner was the breakfast I missed earlier. Bacon, sausage and scramble cheesy eggs, with wheat toast and potatoes. Fairly typical meal for me out on the road.

They named it the "All American" so I have to order it, I was 82nd Airborne...

SRK97 and Dallas53 like this.
  4. Dallas53

tonight the wife made a lasagna. with some garlic toast and salad. mmmm good.

5. Dallas53

well last night i threw a couple of chicken pot pies in the oven for dinner, but i got some pinto beans soaking in water to be cooked later on in the crock pot. going to have some skillet cornbread, some rice, soft fried potatoes, with some ground beef goulash to go with the pinto beans.

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Last night I cooked up some pinto beans, too. Then made some refried beans. For dinner last night we had chicken and refried bean burritos, home made brown rice Mexican rice, some delicata squash all preceded by a tossed salad.

buckhuntr, dwmiller and Dallas53 like this.
  7. Dallas53

i make refried beans from our pinto beans too. i'll mix a little bit of salsa into it, and use for a dip with tortilla chips.

i use a potato masher to mash mine up.

dwmiller likes this.
  8. dwmiller

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dinner at home, ham in baked beans crock potted all day, cheesy au graten potatos, and corn bread stuffing. Choice of pie for after. Home made goodness...

winds-of-change and Dallas53 like this.
  9. winds-of-change

. This is the first time I ever made retried beans. Yes, I used a potato masher. Added spices and some of the water the beans cooked in to moisten them.

Dallas53 likes this.
  10. Dallas53

i add a little bit of mild or medium salsa after i mash up the beans. i'll add a little bit of garlic powder and just a little cumin for seasoning.

i'll bet you liked them better than the canned refried beans!

11. Dallas53

that's looks awesome DW! save some for me! :p

dwmiller likes this.
  12. AmPaTerry

AmPaTerry Forum Chaplain Lifetime Supporter

I make refried from Pinto's also - in the pressure cooker, so no presoak and done quickly. Then I melt in some Velveeta, add Cumin and El Yucateco Chippotle hot sauce and a can of Ro Tel. Pretty good dip hot or cold with corn chips.

13. AmPaTerry

Today - Pepper Steak in the crock pot; started at 2:30, should be good by noon -
    I learned this, though; do not put the bell peppers in at the beginning; they cook to mush. I will try them for the final three hours this time; should be a lot better -
    And for the steak, I use a London Broil cut cross grain into 3/8" slices. Nine hours on low makes it VERY tender.

14. Dallas53

pretty much the same. if i don't want whatever vegetable mushy i add them about an hour or two before it's done.

sounds like a tasty dinner! :)

AmPaTerry and dwmiller like this.
  15. winds-of-change

I once made chicken noodle soup in the Crock Pot. The noodles absolutely disappeared.

AmPaTerry, dwmiller and Dallas53 like this.
  16. AmPaTerry

Indeed - the same thing; add the noodles later.

Dallas53 and dwmiller like this.
  17. dwmiller

Chicken/beef and noodles do the same thing. Cook the meat and broth down well. Lightly cook the noodles and add just before serving. Coating/tossing them with a tsp of butter or oil also keeps them from disintegrating if you want to save for leftovers.

Best meal I've had in weeks. I get so sick of eating out while on the road I always cook when I get in.

winds-of-change and Dallas53 like this.
  18. Dallas53

had some leftover pinto beans, rice, cornbread and goulash for dinner. ate more than i should and got stuffed!

dwmiller likes this.
  19. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yesterday's lunch at a professional meeting. I thought I made good choices overall. [​IMG]

20. winds-of-change

Looks delicious. It’s okay to splurge once in a while.

dwmiller likes this.