Dime Sized Group, At 600 Yards Sets New Record

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by AR10, May 12, 2013.

1. AR10

AR10 New Member

2. AR10

AR10 New Member

Forgot the best image

[​IMG]

3. Garadex

Garadex New Member

That's insane. This shoul be a new math equation. Skill + luck = insanity

Edit: I should stop posting when I'm tired this now sounds really stupid.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  4. jniedbalski

jniedbalski New Member

Nice shooting i have done this with 6 shots also at 100 yards lol a few tight groups like that at 300 yards for me but vary rare most of mine were nickel or quarter size at the 300 yard range at my vary best . Nice shooting it gives me something to work for

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

The insane part? A lot of people who manage anything similar to that are shooting these "rail guns" that are bench mounted barreled actions! No real marksmanship skill involved, more an exhibition in craftsmanship!

This guy was shooting from the bench, but it was all him! Well, obviously his equipment was top notch too, but this exhibits the skill of the shooter as well as the precision of the rifle.

6. Groundhoghunter

Groundhoghunter New Member

Someone stole Rodneys rifle a week ago or so i know 6 br had some information on this

7. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Cool.

You can't even see the powder burns.

8. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

and people say shooting paper is boring.
    ha! thats great shooting!

9. COLDdeadFINGERS

COLDdeadFINGERS New Member

10. Wolfe

Wolfe New Member

The skill to the bench shooting is the loading, and adjustments. They load their shells on site. That just doesn't seem thrilling to me.

11. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

It is incredible to see how far shooters and their equipment has progressed. It was not that long ago that it was next to impossible to keep 5 in 10" at 600 yards. :cool:

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Due to the Internet information flows a lot more freely. so everyone learns faster. Before the Internet matured to what it is today shooters shared books that were written 20 years ago. It took a lot longer for shooters to learn about the latest loads and equipment.

13. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

heck if you go through enough of these threads you'll find plenty of guys that claim this level of skill.....with open sights! :p