Difficult question!!!!

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by ARIZ, Apr 21, 2009.

1. ARIZ

ARIZ New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any international gun (ASSAULT RIFLES) manufacturer with no presence in the usa market??????????

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Define your parameters.

How many guns do they have to produce to be a manufacturer in your question?

How do you define "presence in the USA market"

Example: H & K produces several weapons that are not available for sale in the US civilian market ( 416 & 417 ), but they have other models that are available for LEO and Military sales ( MP series ).

3. ARIZ

ARIZ New Member

I would consider a manufacturer, for example one "factory" which could produce more 200 weapons of each model of their catalogue, the catalogue could be only one type of weapond in different calibers.

Related to the presence in the USA market, I would consider that HK for example has presence, perhaps not with every model but they have presence. I am thinking about a company with absolutely no presence.

Thanks for the comments

4. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Name one arms company in the world, I can guarantee you that they've sold, at least, a few small arms type weapons in the US.

5. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Member

To my knowledge, neither of one of these : Sayyad and Siavash have any presences in the U.S. Both are manufactured in Iran, and are clones or copies of other rifles, mostly sniper rifles, but I am guessing that they also have assault weapons that are made in Iran from both countries that only sell to close by countries in the Middle East. ref: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/05/13/report-iraqi-snipers-iranian-rifles/

6. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Interesting question. Difficult to prove, though, as defined by the OP's "absolutely no presence." I assume we're talking strictly small arms?

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Would assume that will include the National armories of places like China, N. Korea, Libya, Iran, etc etc.

Inasmuch as a true "assault rifle" is capable of full auto fire, none can be sold to a private citizen in the US if made after May 1986.

8. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Member

Interesting point your brought up and I happen to have just stubled across this web link that maybe "trusts" which are not corporatons nor actual citizens may be able to make post 1886 full auto weapons. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ent=2014-05-21&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

9. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Mmmm, that is not my understanding. Plus, something that the govt. thinks you "may" be able to do is probably not something you want to try. And there would be the problem of a seller agreeing with you and willing to take a chance selling you post '86 something. Goood Luck.

10. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Might have found one. Myanmar Heavy Industries makes the EMER K-1 assault rifle. I can
    find no current or past presence in the US.

Question is tougher than it looks. A lot of the assault rifle manufacturers may not have a presence in the
    US in the firearms industry--but they are here in other industries. Example: EMEC is also a manufacturer
    of assault rifles for Myanmar---but they have a US presence in testing/monitoring equipment for water treatment.

11. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

The interesting part might be, what exactly the OP is getting at. A high school paper? A bet? A proposed UN treaty? :scrutiny:

12. c3shooter

Check the date of the OP- he would have graduated High School by now.

13. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Aw geez. Not again. :eek:

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  14. BillM

#$%^%&*% Zombie thread! Any way we can get these things to
    maybe turn green or something after 6 months with no activity?:)

15. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I think there should be a shelf life for dormant threads. Six months sounds good.

16. c3shooter

17. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Member

:D Oh well, to hell with the OP. It brings up an intersting point that made me think. What about the artifical "person" a "trust" that can make post 1986 NFA weapons? I would think that if I were a "trust" an "non-person" that that trust could apply for paperwork to make a NFA weapon legaly out of post 1986 parts.

Now I know that there are MILLIONS of AK-47 that are full auto, but importing them into the US is not allowed unless they are cut appart at the receiver. Then you have to "make" a receiver out of sheet steel and place parts back into it again to make it work. What if you just dissasemble the AK-47 outside of the U.S. that are pre- 1986, and import just that single part as an pre '86 NFA weapon and assemble the rest here from U.S. parts?

One of the things I would push for, if President, was the abolishment, repeal of the 1968 firearm act and subsequent ammendments to it. It served no purpose other than to keep track of firearms for the government, and did little to any good at stopping crime. Had it been in effect when the shooting was in Dalas TX of President Kennedy, it would not have prevented his shooting "IF" Lee Harvey Oswald "WAS" the lone shooter, which I doubt seriously he ever was.

Get rid of the law concerning switch blade knives as that is a non-sensical law as well. No one uses knives in a gun fight these days, and if a knife is used it is of the large hunting knife design, not folders.

Get rid of silencer laws (which would go with the NFA repeal) since those are nothing to do with crime, but great revenue for those that wish to curtail our freedoms.

18. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I seriously doubt anything in your post could be done. And, you'd have to go repeal the 1934 NFA act. That would get us what we wanted, for the most part.

19. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Member

I agree! Repeal the 1934 National Firearms Act!!

20. BillM

Actually the FOPA (Firearms owners protective act) of 1986 was not a bad piece
    of legislation. It addressed several shortcomings in GCA 68, such as providing
    "safe passage" through restrictive areas.

HOWEVER---the Hughes amendment, which was tacked on at the last minute
    and passed on a VERY shake voice vote--is a piece of garbage.

Don't get me wrong---NFA 34, GCA 68 and FOPA 86 need some changes.
    But we are not going to get it all overnight. Let's take a page from the
    Anti's playbook and go for "common sense" and "reasonable" changes.

Places to start:

National concealed carry reciprocity.
    Repeal the Hughes Amendment to FOPA 86.
    Modify NFA 34 to allow sales of suppressors (silencers) on a 4473.

Last edited: May 26, 2014