Different finish?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Glockpotion23, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I could be wrong but, it seems my G30 slide color/texture is different from my G23. Both are gen3 but the 30 seems to have a more matte finish compared to the 23 little shiny.

2. glockcoma

glockcoma New Member

The matte finish is better imo!!!

3. lyodbraun

lyodbraun New Member

yeah there are two different finishes out there on the glocks, I like both of them ..

4. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Ok, i knew i wasnt crazy. I like them both too but a little more a fan of the matte finish.

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The shiny slide seems to stand up better to scratches though. My 2011 matte Gen 4 is more scratched than my glossy 2004 Gen 3. I understand Glock's going back to the glossy finish because of complaints.

6. lyodbraun

lyodbraun New Member

Like they always say if it ain't broken don't fix or change it.... not sure why glock made the different finishes after years of the shiny one, either one is fine with me as long as it reads Glock on it that's all that matters.

7. glockcoma

glockcoma New Member

I just bought a brand new 3gen glock 27 that has the shiney black finsh on it. Its nothing like my other 2 glocks that has the matte finish though. I like it its shiney and dark black looking, my only complaint is this glossy finish is more slick then the matte finish which is still fine with me!!! I like em all...

ForumRunner_20120321_115259.jpg

8. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

I've got a g24 and a g22 both gen 3 and I noticed that too i like both finishes but the g24 is a lil more matte and better textured than my g22 i also noticed that the g24 had a few factory blemishes on the side when I bought it that can only be seen under the right lighting conditions