difference between these 2 AR's

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by purehavoc, Dec 8, 2011.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Palmetto State Armory 16" M4 and 16" M4A1 .
    Is there any difference between these 2 . All I see on the spec sheet is maybe different barrel material not sure ? And a combat trigger on the M4A1 ?
    Someone please explain I'm placing my order tomorrow and need to get this figured out
    Thanks,
    Scott

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

aaaaaaaaaaand your back.

lol

3. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

the only m4a1 i see is the hammer forged one..... That's a nice barrel. Worth the money imo.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah, we need them. I'd guess a different barrel profile.

Or maybe 3rd burst vs. full auto? :D

You can always ask PSA too.

5. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Had I not gone to their website first I wouldn've said the same thing ;).

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Yeah that's asking a little much ;)

8. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

It appears that the entire upper of the M4 is chrome lined whereas the M4A1 is not entirely chrome lined.

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

There both 4150 Chrome moly vanadium steel. They just call the other CMV steel sounds like the same thing to me

10. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Sorry I did not edit my last reply quick enough, but I edited it with the correct answer.

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

sorry guys just trying to get the most for my $$$$ since there both $599 and almost the same.
    Any advantage to one over the other ?

12. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

you need to contact PSA

you need to contact PSA, if I were a betting man, I think they are the same.

One mentions button rifling, but I'm pretty sure they both are button rifled.

Probably just needs to update that. According to the links, they both should be $599.

Just one hasn't had the price in the menu selections updated.

13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Thats what I was thinking , I will try again in the morning when there phone isnt ringing off the hook and see what they say , From the generic pics posted l would say they are the same , I will find out and post up :)

14. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Man I looked and looked but couldn't find anything different other than the "combat trigger". Son Of A...

15. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

They do say an M4 profile versus an M4A1 profile...not sure if there is any actual difference but I thought an M4A1 had a heavier barrel under the hand guards to reduce the heat from the full auto mode versus the 3 round burst of the M4. Certainly not a critical difference in a civvy AR.

Either way I don't see where anything is given up going with the less expensive rifle, in reality they are probably indentical.

16. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Toward the bottom of the page it says M4 profile barrel for both. I think someone goofed when writing the description.

Who knows but what you said makes sense.

Edit:Think i figured it out, T markings.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  17. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Still havent heard back from them yet and what the hell are the T marks for ? LOL

18. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Making sue you remove and replace optics in the same slot on your upper reciever's rail

19. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah that's what I was thinking with I guessed earlier the barrel profile could be different. Personally I'd rather not have the M4 profile (the M203 notch cut in the barrel). I hope PSA will clear this up for you, purehavoc.

20. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Gotcha that makes sense, but with neither of them having fixed sights Im going to say maybe they both possibly have them who knows, Their phone rings and goes right to VM asking you to email them . :(
    I would have never imagined that someone couldnt get back to you in 2 days time but who knows