diesel soaked corn for hogs

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by powg, Dec 7, 2010.

1. powg

powg New Member

here in east tx some people have been soaking corn in diesel ,for baiting hogs.....so coons wont eat it all. this practice imo is stupid. yes they might eat it but the effects of the diesel will be there after the corn is gone ....please dont try this , contaminating a hunting area is ethically wrong ,let alone ''illegal'' if you lease your property. if you own your piece of heaven,you can do what you will, but that buck of a lifetime will probably shy away from this area thats been ''dieselized ''

2. SHSBulldog06

SHSBulldog06 New Member

Now that just seems like that would be a waste of meat to me and a waste of expensive diesel, I would think it would taste funny if they ate it. But I'm with you so I'd be against it too.

3. freefall

freefall New Member

Hogs will eat corn soaked in Diesel fuel?? I have trouble believing that.

4. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, some guys put diesel on the corn to "prevent the coons from eating it". My hog hunting friend just had to try it too. He put one quart of diesel in about 100 pounds of corn and the hogs refused to eat it.

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Not only is that stupid it is wrong on so many different levels.

1. trying to poison animals is wrong and in many cases illegal.
    2. Waste of good diesel which is costly.
    3. Pollutes the area.

Who ever is doing this needs to be kicked in the junk till it turns black falls off then it should be shoved in their mouth.

6. suprdave

suprdave New Member

This is the dumbest thing I've read in a LOOOONG time. I hope the Fish and wildlife service finds out about this, and really lets these guys have it. When you set corn out, there are other creatures that are going to eat that corn, too. NOT JUST YOUR TARGET ANIMAL! DEAL WITH IT!

7. PTsouthpaw

PTsouthpaw New Member

Yeah, what Tango said...

8. birdie

birdie New Member

Man wild hog that taste like the tailpipe of my dodge uhmuhm good! He did say east texas!

9. birdie

birdie New Member

Well we feed the hogs deer snd coons, then shoot the coons and hunt cyotes off their little dead carcuses, now that is recycling!

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

To the folks that are practicing this stupid method, might I suggest you cease to hunt? You set a bad example as hunters, outdoors-men and human beings in general. :mad:

and +100 for what Tango said ;)

11. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Would that make the hog cook faster or more evenly?

13. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I don't know a real hunter that would do this. The harm to wildlife is there long after the corn is gone. And every hunter I know tries to preserve the land. Keeps the hunting good and you are hard pressed to find someone that appreciates nature more than a hunter.

Many hunt..Not all of them are hunters though....

14. Badshot320

Badshot320 New Member

In Delaware we are allowed to shoot over a baited area for deer. (We have no feral hogs here) (rednecks love bacon). But anyway when you bait an area you should know that atleast half your corn is going to be lost due to colateral damage due to squirrels, turkeys, etc. I never thought of using petroleum products to enhance the flavor and reduce the cooking times of wild game I hunt. Damn it once again those Texians have beaten us to the punch! Are there really any good ideas left to come up with?

15. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Is it actually diesel fuel or bio diesel? Bio diesel is normally made from left over cooking oil (cotton seed or other natural oil) that is not a petro product.

16. powg

powg New Member

dieselized corn

no ......its diesel good ol $3.06 a gallon diesel ....i wish people would just think...because there is such a controversy over baiting , the anti 's dont need more things to put in their bag of tricks. baiting is legal in texas ,but wont be for long if people continue to do stupid sh-t like this

17. SecPro

SecPro New Member

Idiots! There's always someone that screws it up for the other guy.

18. hogrider

hogrider New Member

Yeah he did say East Texas. I've never heard of this practice and if it is going one it's just wrong. However, I can tell you it won't stop the deer from coming around. They chewed right thru the delivery hose on my diesel tank to the point that diesel was flowing out. Now that's a waste of good diesel!!!

19. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I too have heard of some guy's doing this,but I personally think it would be very stupid to poison the game that you are wanting to take and eat yourself.
    Plus,poision every other animal that also decides to eat some of the soaked corn.

20. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I know guys who spray their fishing lures with WD-40, so I guess I could see this working...