Die sets

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by F4U, Mar 16, 2019.

1. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

I picked up a Lee classic turret press at the gun show last weekend, it came with dies for every caliber I wanted except .32 H & R Mag. Lee only shows a 3 die set for the .32 with the bullet seating die also crimping. The 4 die sets have separate seating and crimping dies. Is there any reason to buy the separate crimping die to have a 4 die set, or can I just skip the last station on the press?

I haven't reloaded pistol ammo in probably 20 years, I used a Lee 1000 progressive back then.

Also I need to update my library a bit, my old Hornady manual doesn't even have .32 H & R data, any recommendations?

Who are the best online component sites? Haven't had time to surf the webs for that stuff yet.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Shopfox and Rifling82 like this.
  2. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

No big deal, but if you really wanted a Factory crimp die for it Lee does make one.

3. noylj

noylj Member

I find crimp quality and accuracy is better separating seating and crimping.
    I don't use the Lee fcd with lead bullets. All my roll crimp use Redding Profile Crimp dies.

4. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks guys

5. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I meant to go look what brand my .32 H & R Mag dies are but I forgot today. I have used mine a lot, mostly with my cast bullets.

6. noylj

noylj Member

I thought .32 S&W, .32 S&W Long, .32 H&R Mag and .327 Federal all used the same dies (.32 S&W), just have to adjust dies for longer cases.

7. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

Don't forget 32 ACP :)

8. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

You can resize any of those with a 327 die or you can crimp any of those with a 32 S&W short die but if you want to do both then you need the dies for your caliber.