Didn't need another gun, but....

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by dgray64, Jul 15, 2011.

1. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

I bought a new Kel-Tec PF-9 last Friday and finally got to the range yesterday after cleaning and lubing it first. Actually, it was really clean already and it didn't look dry, but I always do that.

I expected a hell of a recoil out of a little gun like this, but wow, it is very comfortable to shoot and the only thing to control is the muzzle flip. It is very accurate for being as small as it is and more accurate than I am. It came with a flat bottom magazine and a finger extension to put on the bottom for more comfort. I changed it out, but found that I didn't need to as my normal grip would go with the flat bottom style. The trigger is unusually nice. I had a P-11 a few years ago and the work that went into pulling the trigger as astounding. This one moves nicely without stacking and it breaks fine. This gun is so small and comfortable, it is very easy to conceal if you are looking for a small pistol.

Dave :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Cool beans. :cool:

After one gun, nobody really needs another gun. They just seem to follow us home. ;)

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

ya know what? I was kind of looking forward to pics!

4. mes227

mes227 New Member

"Didn't need another gun..."

I don't understand the meaning of this?

5. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

You sir, will get along JUST fine here. LOL!

6. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Sorry, I didn't have the picture ready when I first posted, so I edited the original adding it. Hope it works OK. Thanks for the comments.

Dave

7. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Nice gun, I have one just like it:

[​IMG]

8. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Nice addition. The PF9 is an outstanding little micro gun at a bargain price. Mine (below, with its 9mm big brothers) hasn't missed a beat.

[​IMG]

9. Tsolo

Tsolo New Member

Very nice. I might have to look at one of these for my next handgun.

10. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Those are great. Cant wait to get home and get out my bigger brother guns, but for now, I'm happy with little beaver. It can handle whatever I need done for now for home defense and target shooting and the others, now lonesome are waiting to do the long range stuff. I must say though that the Kel-Tec Sub 2000 that I got in 9 mil a few weeks ago is so darn accurate at a distance that I hate to put it down. I'll try to get a picture together with them. Enjoy.

Dave

11. Tsolo

Tsolo New Member

Sub 2000 - very nice. I'm a big fan of the Kel-Tec line. I want a P-3AT, PLR 16, and a KSG! Check out my modified SU-16C in the Semi-auto rifle section.

12. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

Need has nothing to do with WANT or LUST when it comes to guns or women:cool:.

13. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

You are correct about those dang guns that follow you home. I hate it when one shows up and you know you have to keep it. Santa Claus is even worse, He gave me a Egyptian Maddi that I just really did not want but had to keep since NO ONE :rolleyes: else would give it a home.

14. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

I feel you on that, I had a sig 220 platinum elite give me puppy dog eyes and I let it in, I couldn't let him suffer this Texas heat.

15. ALS11

ALS11 New Member

Gun lust is a terrible curse! :confused: I just can't help myself. :eek:

16. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Had a girl bother me about buying guns recently, and the fact that I didn't need more than the one. I simply responded with, how many shoes do you need?

She didn't have much to say after that.

17. Leathermarshmallow

Leathermarshmallow New Member

I carry my PF9 on a daily basis. Great gun...several hundred rounds down range without a single hiccup.

Attached Files:

18. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Hey Leathermarshmellow. How far have you practiced to shoot that NAA .22? I've got one with both cylinders, LR and mag. I tried everything to hit that dam target at about 40 feet. Finally, after reading all I could find on them, I tried nestling it in my shooting hand with my thumb directly below the hammer and my other thumb on top of the first one. Not bad, but a pain, so I bought the folding handle/grip. Wow, what a difference. the size is not greatly changed except when you open it up and grip it. Then it's like grabbing the PF-9. It's still for close-up work, but I try to get fairly competent with whatever I have from a distance, because if I can hit it far, I can nail it easy, close. Great picture by the way. Thanks for your input so far.

Dave :)

19. Leathermarshmallow

Leathermarshmallow New Member

I'm going to look that handle up. I can't hit a dang thing with that little revolver. I practice and practice, but am lucky to hit the paper at 7 yards. My PF9 is a different story. After I learned to shoot it, I can keep it all on paper out to 25 yards, but I practice more at 7 to 10 yards.