Didn't know these were actual physical stores

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by cddbrowns, Jun 12, 2011.

1. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

[​IMG]

Just found it today, closed today and tomorrow. Anyone been to one and if so, any good?

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

In my travels working for my former employer I used to see them around. Never bothered stopping in to check them out though.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Sadly, I'm just not badazz enough for "tactical" clothing. ;)

4. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Haha, I wonder if they have the "Black Ops" "Ghost" suit.

5. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

You could stock up on your tactical vest with matching leg holster for when the zombies come :rolleyes:

6. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

ACTUALLY, I want to start getting the whole SHTF stuff together, but I think the Army/Navy store would be cheaper. I do like some of the "tactical" shorts and stuff they have, made for CCW basically. Ill have to see on Tuesday, but will probably go to the A/N store tomorrow.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Their booth at SHOT always has some very attractive ladies in it wearing their stuff.

I have had a couple of pairs of their pants and a couple of polos. Great stuff, regardless of the name. Quality, well made and roomy for "the boys" if you know what I am talking about. :cool:

JD

8. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Love your quote in your sig! LOL!

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Frank's one of my favorite fighters and we share a common belief on cardio. :p

:pJD

10. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

Idk if I would call it a "store" but smokey mountain knife works has a very large section of their store that is 5.11 stuff. I checked it out last time I was there and was pleasantly surprised. I expected to see a bunch of mall ninja crap... all that stuff was piled in a bin, but the stuff they had hanging was mostly close designed to help with concealed cary, holsters and other types of rigs.

11. Caoimhin

Caoimhin New Member

I never been to a 511 store but seen and bought their stuff enough. It's good stuff. Top of the price chain like Woolrich brand. Now I'm more like CA357 since my heart broke. So I don't search out all the new stores in town. I do like and buy the Tac-u's from BDU.com they are the propper brand and have pockets clear to your ankles. They are comfortable and most sites sell them. I wore them on duty for several years. The shirts are just as good and they come with the badge holder pinned on so you don't have to have the badge holder.