Did you paint your glock?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by hq357, Sep 26, 2013.

1. hq357

hq357 New Member

If youve duracoted, cerakoted or jus painted your glock lets see it id like to cerakote mine and need some ideas!

2. sandog

sandog Member

I bought a used G19 and the previous owner had, I guess, wire brushed the (phosphate type) finish off. Tried to get sort of a "polished stainless" look. I think the metal was still protected as the Tennifer treatment goes deeper than the surface. I applied silver Cerakote to the slide.

Attached Files:

3. GLOCKdude700

GLOCKdude700 New Member

Here's my glock 34 gen 4, duracoated magpul fde

image-898733184.jpg

Attached Files:

4. hq357

hq357 New Member

Oooh that came out really nice!!! I like it! :D

5. hq357

hq357 New Member

Nice i think ill do the same with my glock but with a stainless slide!

6. saejosh

saejosh New Member

That turned out quite good I like it

7. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Here are some I've cerakoted for customers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Painting a Glock is like putting lipstick on a pig. The Glocks beauty is in its function.

9. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

This comes to mind. :D

10. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

Must be why so many Glocks are picked for SHTF situations.

11. cmr287

cmr287 New Member

Because it's the best combat pistol. CAG and SF along with USA Rangers dont carry them because they suck..

12. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Did you paint your glock?, sounds kinda dirty if you say it fast enough!

I think they all look pretty sharp, the pink one is cute! Can anyone tell me why some folks just hate glocks? Ive never fired one but there sure seem to be enough Glock lovers out their to keep them in business. The hatred for them almost seems visceral, just seems a bit silly but What do I know, My moniker is A Webley Fosbery 38, one of the greatest failures of fine weaponry ever!, but I still love it!

13. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

There are generally four reasons.
    1 They've never shot one.
    2 The grip bothers them (shape not angle)
    3 They are a 1911 fan boy.
    4 They can't keep the booger picker off the bang switch.

14. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

I started reading thread because I used a lot of Ceracote when it first came out and was wondering how it worked on guns and also because I wanted to find out how many posts you could get when the word Glock is used before the bashing started. Seems 8 is the magic number.

15. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Some people get turned off of Glock just by Glock fans. Glocks don't feel right to everyone, whether its grip shape, size or angle. Some folks can't wrap their head around a gun that doesn't have more manual safeties or just don't feel comfortable unless they can see a external safety. Some don't like polymer frames, and prefer more traditional all metal designs, though it looks like those are becoming more rare. Others waited until other companies came along with polymer guns that have similar design as a Glock but with grip shapes or added features or safeties that they prefer. Some folks love Chevy and hate Ford.

I'm kind of a broad interest guy. I like Glocks for simplicity and reliability, along with parts compatibility. But I also like 1911s for the feel, and some of the craftsmanship that had to remain because if the need to fit individual parts by hand. Sig and Beretta, Smith and Wesson, are also favorites of mine. Some folks have a tighter band of what they like.

Oh, and I refinished the slide if my G17 with Brownells Teflon Moly coating, because the gun was a police trade in that had a lot if holster wear. Don't have pics on my phone, but it is just black, so it looks similar to factory anyway.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  16. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I've carried both Glocks and 1911's off-duty and in competition. I always go back to my Glocks though.

17. amandaloveszoe

amandaloveszoe New Member

My baby!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

18. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

That is badass. My girl would love it

19. AR10

AR10 New Member

I dated a pig in lipstick. She could kiss like no other. O to be young again.

When I feel the need to change up my Glocks, I go with fancy duct tape. On in twenty minutes, looks sweet, and comes off again.

20. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Thanks for the info, The ford chevy thing splains it all! I myself like variety, it would suck if everyone had the same thing!

Ive always shot Pistol and rifle Lefty so most of them are problematic when it comes to the Safety. My Dad removed and tossed the safe from my Webley Fosbery 38 cause he was a lefty also long before it became mine, ive just learned over the years to never keep my finger near the trigger unless Im ready to fire.