did the gunshop try to rip me off?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dynastyofnext, Aug 8, 2009.

1. dynastyofnext

dynastyofnext New Member

So I stopped by to look at pricing for a Moss 500, and the guy brought out a cruiser. It was about 18" had a ported barrel, pistol grip and "shiny slide". I liked it up until the guy told me $500 then it became the most disgusting thing I've ever seen and I've dreamt of Mrs. Obama naked once. Now in gun experts opinion was that pricing too much for it? Also shouldnt a gunstore have.......guns? 6 guns plus some shotguns, and they dont even sell ammo.

2. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

Rip off. Dont go back, especially if they dont sell ammo. You can get a cheaper m500 cruiser for less than 500. Hell, If I add a pistol grip to my gun, it'd be basically a m500 cruiser.
    And it'd only be about 210 bucks for the gun and PG.

S.S.

3. dynastyofnext

dynastyofnext New Member

Ah I had the feeling that price and that shotty didnt go hand in hand. Yea I wont be going back there worst customer service ever. Cigar smoke being blown at me and a half empty hunting store seems a bit fishy to me. *Store front* lol IMO

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

5. dynastyofnext

dynastyofnext New Member

Yea I found one for 267 online now I just have to find someplace to transfer it to.
    The Guy was a bit of a pushy D*ck, he wanted to get rid of it quick.

6. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

In the same website when you found the persuader for $267 ...you can put around $40 more and get the same shotgun but 20" barel and magazine ext. for more shots... or a Remington 870 express.... just saying.... any that you choose is a great home defender.

7. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, that is a ripoff shop.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

If you are bidding on gunbroker.com OR on auctionarms.com, BOTH sites have a "Find A FFL" function. Plug in yer zip code, and folks that are willing to serve as a transfer FFL are listed there, along with their fees, address, phone #.

I do a lot of internet shopping- in addition to the auction price, remember to add in cost of shipping, and cost of FFL transfer.

9. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

If you want a mossberg 500 cruiser, get a maverick 88 and a pistol grip. It'll be under $300 easily. :)

S.S.

10. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Do us all a favor and go back and show that *** hat your newly purchased Mossy and the receipt after you get it. I can't stand retail places that get away with overpricing firearms, or anything, for that matter, and damn pushy salesman that think they have the best deal and price around. Sometimes the look on their faces are priceless, right before they usually get frustrated and pissed off, but I love it! ;)

Jack

11. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Also, check the gun stores you usually frequent in your area. Here in Las Vegas, there are several gun stores I use for FFL transfers for my online purchases. On average, it costs me $25 per weapon and I don't think that's excessive at all. Most of them are happy to oblige folks who buy online. Not to mention that I also buy goods from their stores....

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Never look back!

13. dynastyofnext

dynastyofnext New Member

lol I would love to shove the price in his face if I wasnt afraid he'd shoot me and plant a gun on me.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

Fax the price & a pic of the gun to him; that way he has to pay for the electricity for the fax & the piece of paper (or five ;) ).

15. WDB

WDB New Member

The store owner is looking for the new guy. There is a newer gun shop about 30 miles from me that has a lot of firearms but all are way over priced. He's in a location where I expect he gets a lot of traffic in his store and most of them must be first time gun buyers. Then again this time next year I expect a different business will be there

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Go heavy! [​IMG]