Did it again

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by jwhirl413, Jun 20, 2010.

1. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

Well, I went to the gun show today and brought home a new XD sub compact 9 in OD, went ahead and picked up a pearce grip extension for it along with a box of remington golden sabre +p's. Figured I'd post a few pics of the ladies together...I hope everyone had a great father's day.
    I think I've nipped the handgun bug for a while, at least I hope

Attached Files:

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I do love the olive drab.

3. GoBlue

GoBlue New Member

I am insanely jealous.

I only have on XD-9. No XDm pistols yet and the recent purchase of my TRP means that a purchase in the near future is unlikely to be approved my my second in command. She happens to have strict financial oversight over any large purchases.

4. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

I used to hate the olive drab, but its starting to grow on me. Good looking set of XD's, I want one now :p

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Now there's a man who knows what he likes.

The OD green xd's are great. This one used to be mine and now belongs to a friend.

[​IMG]

6. orangello

orangello New Member

NICE!!!!

I actually went to another store to compare prices & color availability when the clerk at the first store said all they had in a 5" XD45 was a OD green one. I came back and picked it up & the color has really grown on me, especially since the comparable model in black, at the other store was an even $100 more. :D

Any chance of a hands-on pic for scale?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  7. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Hmm that's weird, orange :confused:

Why was the black model pricier? Can't work that one out at all!

Really nice guns, jwhirl. I love the look of XDms...and would get one in a shot if my Govt wasn't so afraid of handguns with barrels shorter than 5". Oh yeah 10.5mm makes so much difference, I forgot.

8. jwhirl413

jwhirl413 New Member

I think that can be arranged. I'll take some pics and post them later when I get home.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

The OD green one was at a locally-owned sporting goods store, and the all black one was at a nearby Gander Mountain (one store of a large chain). The locally-owned place just had a better price. I later heard that the OD green & other non-black colors generally sold for a tiny bit more than the all black models. I was also surprised by the $100 difference in price at two different stores in the same town.

Thanks! A friend is looking for a compact/carry pistol & i think a scale pic would help in the search.

10. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Hey that's the beauty of capitalism, huh!

Never ceases to amuse me how you guys can buy guns at a "sporting goods store" or large chain like Walmart etc. You can't imagine how weird that sounds to an outsider :p

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

You have no idea how weird it sounds to NOT be able to do that! How do you cope my friend?!!! :eek:

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'll bet that would get some looks at the register!! :D

14. zhuk

zhuk New Member

By trekking out to the western subs backblocks to one of the few gunshops, and having to hand over your firearms licence at the counter if you want to handle anything, even a scope lol

But at least you can be sure the guys serving aren't wannabe ninja-pricks :D

rofl

Man that's just dying to be made into a sig! Would you mind, skull? :p

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

If you get the right store they will carry it out for you!

Hey, ammo is heavy.