Did a little mod to my Keltec

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by stag1, Mar 1, 2011.

1. stag1

stag1 New Member

I was bored and did a little polishing on my Keltec PF-9 carry gun. I polished both sides and the barrel. I think it came out pretty decent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the crappy pictures, I didnt feel like pulling the DSLR out:rolleyes:

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Looks good. What it look like before?

3. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

I don't even see a crappy picture.:D Okay, I see it now. Looks good.

4. stag1

stag1 New Member

I didnt take any before I did it, but here is one from Keltec's site. Of course their picture makes it look better then it really was:rolleyes:

The barrel was a real dull gray color. Its nice and polished now, the sides were plain black and now they have a brushed polish.

[​IMG]

5. freefall

freefall New Member

I'm happy you're happy.

6. stag1

stag1 New Member

Im happy that you're happy that I am happy:D

Its actually a pretty nice shooting gun, around 500 rounds thru it and no problems. The nice thing was if I messed up the slide they are pretty cheap to replace. So I figured what the heck

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It looks good. It's also good to be happy. :D

8. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Very nicely done!! Definately something to be proud of! :D

How did you do it?:eek:

9. stag1

stag1 New Member

It was actually pretty easy. I used some flitz medal polish and a dremel. Then used a Scotch Brite pad to give the sides a brushed finish.

10. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

And that sir is the beautiful thing about Kel-Tecs! Have you seen any of the "melted" slides for either the P-11 or (I think) PF-9's? There are some really nice ones floating around out there.

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

If the parts you polished aren't stainless - keep them protected or you'll have a very rusty Kel-Tec...

12. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Quoted for truth

13. stag1

stag1 New Member

I agree, thats why I used a good coating of Flitz polish on it, plus as I said before a replacement slide is pretty cheap if I would have to replace it. So far its been almost a week and no signs of rust :)

14. TexasRog

TexasRog New Member

If you "truly" carry on a daily basis, it will rust even if you keep it lubed, and blued. I carry every day all day, and if your pistol touches your skin, it will rust. Lots of salt in sweat. Mine is blued, and still rusts. I do maintain on a regular basis, so it gets cleaned and oiled every few days. Mine also picks up lots of lint and debris.

Enjoy your Keltec. It's a nice weapon for carry and shooting.