Dickies clothing

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Maverick, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Maverick

Maverick Member

I have had alot of luck with "Dickies" clothing for durability in the past. But in the last 3-4 years it has reallly sucked!
    What used to be a durable product has now become a half rate product in my opinion. I got a nice medium weight jacket at Christmas. I like the feel of it. Love the weight, but the pocket lining is about the quality of lining it with newspaper. I have sewn it twice and it still ripps open. I have a belt from 7 years ago by "Dickies" that I would not trade for any other, but have had 2 belts I bought in the past year tht have fallen apart.
    Sad they are made in "China", but even more sad that they let their product resemble that fact.
    I work for a living. I don't need work clothes that look like I beg for a living.
    Anyone else here that has seen the "dickies" decline?

2. vincent

vincent New Member

This is a trick question...right???

Wait...no, Dickies suck...yup, they suck.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Try Carhartt clothing. Higher priced but worth every penny. Ask any farmer in Northern Illinois. :D

4. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Quoted for truth. Any northern state for that matter.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Carhartt- choice of farmers, miners, and construction workers all over the US.

Dickies- USED to be good.

6. mtmagwhenindout

mtmagwhenindout New Member

I used to use Dickie's products all the time but about 3 years ago their clothes started declining so I just made the switch to carhart I couldn't be happier with there quality

7. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Some of the RedHead clothes are good.

8. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I cant bring myself to pay the high (in my opinion) price for carhart to use them for work and get them filthy dirty. Not when other brands are just as good and last the same.

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I can almost guarantee you if you buy Carhartt you may never need to buy another set of winter wear again. So what if they get dirty?

10. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Dirt, engine oil, hydraulic fluid, red grease are the most common stuff i get on my work clothes and i just cant see spending that much more money for work clothes. I stay plenty warm in my schmidt coveralls. The last pair i had i retired them after 8 years and thats cause i actually out grew them, ive stopped growing up and now im growing laterally.

11. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

MADE IN CHINA ~ Compliments of Republican party, Bill & Hilary Clinton, along with a smattering
    of spineless Democrats. 'Tis called AFTA, NAFTA, & CAFTA. Just wait till you get Mitt Romney in office.
    You ain't seen NOTHING YET!!
    :eek: :eek:
    RON PAUL in 2012

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  12. Creekside_Sports

Creekside_Sports New Member

Carhart is the way to go,
    I got a shirt for christmas this year, they labeled the size wrong so I called them up to get a replacement sent.
    They sent a new shirt out before they even had my old one back.
    Great customer service in my opinion and the work wear lasts.

13. MrWray

MrWray New Member

+100 Carhartt all the way!

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Agree 100%, i used to be guilty of wanting to buy carhartt but just not wanting to pay the extra money. I finally broke down and bought a carhartt coat and i WILL NEVER buy another brand. I love my coat and never get cold no matter how cold it is. I wear it as my good everyday coat, it conceals my 1911 very well. I also have a pair of carhartt over-alls,they are my working attire.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

I have a Walls jacket, its a knock off of carhartt. Looks identical, very warm and cozy, extremely durable, I've had it since 06 worn it to work in steel mills, auto shops, and pipelines. Cost $40 at walmart.

First civilian coat I bought after leaving the service as a matter of fact.

16. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Carhartts really are worth the money,I work for an electrical contractor on the commercial/industrial side and we do a lot of plant maintenance... that means crawling on top of buss ducts,cutting/threading pipe,carrying heavy things around and such and my carhartts have held up better than any other work clothes I have.

I have heard great things about Duluth trading workwear though,of all the tradesmen I work with... if they don't swear by carhartt they swear by Duluth stuff. I've been meaning to get on their website and order some of their work pants

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ive seen the duluth commercials and been wondering about their stuff. Are you gonna get the firehose work pants that the angry beavers cant bite through? :)

18. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Lol from What it looks like the fire hose material is their take on canvas,kind of like carhartt and redhead call it duck fibre. So like carharrt and theur duck material,its all pretty much some variation of the fire hose stuff.

But yes I will,the commercial makes me giggle lol

19. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I always wondered why my pants quacked every time i bent over

20. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

A good alternative to Carhartt is Schmidt. I believe it's Tractor Supply's house brand. Good wearing, fit, and a lot less expensive than Carhartt.