Diamondhead Integrated Sights

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Sgt_Skrb_25, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I was wondering if anyone has used the DIAMOND (Gen. 2) Integrated Sighting System before. I've been checking them out for the last few builds and never bought them. I am used to standard A2 style sights, but like the idea of these style sights. They are usually $230-275, but I found the set for $185 so I had to grab them. I dig the design and the ease of getting your sight alignment and sight picture is. It makes for faster target acquisition. I just wanted to se some feed back on them. If i don't like them i know a few people that are willing to pay the regular price of $230 for them. Since my ordered status is changed processed, I'll give up my source.

http://wholesalehunter.com/product.asp?productid=105522

Attached Files:

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have a set on my Kriss , my sight picture does not look like pic 2 because those are the old style sights . Pic 4 with the green dot is probably photo shopped , I dont believe they come with any fiber , tritium or anything in them .They are decent sights but truly over priced . I would be just as happy with a set of magpul sights IMHO

3. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I figure pic 4 was cheesy. I just put a pic up, didn't try to get the dot it, noticed after I posted. But I got them because of pic2. I like the markings on the rear. I only got them because I found them $50 less than usual.

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I had a set, and I really like them. If you do a lot of iron sight shooting, I think they are better than your standard iron sights. The diamond shape really help line up your sight. I believe it makes for a more precise and repeatable shots.

$185 is a rocking price.

5. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I couldn't pass it up. I think I'll repost the link under the deals thread.

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Tikki's right if your planning on using irons all the time then they are good ,but just as back ups over priced

I will take a pic of the view thru mine when I go home for lunch

7. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Cool, thanks. I have optics on everything, I want a simple iron sight build for my 7.62x 39. I just built a 5.56 that weighed 6.25lbs, and I want this build to be light too. All my personal AR's are pigs, I want a sleek ,sexy , light build for me. The ones I build for sale are usually 7.5 or under. You think I would have a more ergonomic and light rifle for my self? I guess it's like they say about the mechanics car!

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I went the light route all most all of my stuff I think my heaviest one weighs in about 7.5# with optics all the way down under 5# for my SBR ;) light is better on this platform . The 7.62 I havent weighed but its not terrible for the barrel being .750 all the way from GB to brake . I will weigh it today

9. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

I have a set on one of my Ar-15s that came with the gun. ( A Windam Weaponry) just like the ones pictured in pic 1 and 3 and like them. Once I sighted them in I folded down the rear sight and added a 3x9x40 scope. Its a great sight, but costly.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Looks noisy to me. A lot going on in the sight picture.

Has anyone noticed any marked improvements while using them?

ETA: nevermind. I read AgentTikki's post.

11. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

The cross on the outside edge of the sight does make it faster on target aquisiton.

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

This amazes me. Maybe I'm overthinking it from an ADD's POV. I get the feeling I'd think about baseball and end up throwing the rifle at the target.

13. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

I have seen it work on tv! lol

But yeah, instead of taking the time to line up the circle with the post, the cross makes it faster. Nothing like a red dot, mind you, but still faster for me than the regular ring and post.

14. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Oh, and there is aftermarlet sights you can get to change out the front post to a tritium or green or red dot etc post :)

15. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

this is the sight picture I get at the distance when Im looking thru the sights , now it might be different if the front sight was moved out to the end of a 16" barrel but on the top rail of the vector there isnt that much distance between the sights .

[​IMG]

Now here is a pic thats literally 1.5" away from the sight with about 14" between the front and rear sight ,

[​IMG]

16. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Thanks for the pics, can't wait to get them. I got a Diamondhead rail too. Here is the foundation of my 7.62 build. Sight will look good on there. Next stop...cerekote !

Attached Files:

17. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey Sgt that is going to look sick!!! What color Cerakote and who's doing it?

18. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Thanks, thinking of magnesium grey , or tungsten grey, a darker grey basically. Or o.d green. I live in SoCal, I got a guy locally that is tied in with all the LGS. His names is Paul at O.C Custom Coatings. $170 for stripped upper, lower ,and rail.

19. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Any one of those will look great, looking forward to seeing this one come together!

20. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I got 40% of the parts, 40% in route via FedEx, and still need a BCG, stock, muzzle device. I already have a Wolf Extra Power Hammer spring,and Colt firing pin, to remedy the soft strike issue people have with this caliber. I'll probably start a progress thread when I get this coated and more parts in.