Diamonback Just Announced New 9mm

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by smokemup, Mar 27, 2014.

1. smokemup

smokemup New Member

2. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Eh. Not much of a comment here. Don't need one and at that price point I would get another SR9 and have adjustable sights factory installed.

3. Mercator

Mercator New Member

thank you for the update. In the DB press release you can substitute the "Nine" with "Glock", and the description will still be 95% accurate.
    The only difference worth mentioning is: the 1" wide slide; the flared magwell (FWIW); and MSRP $483.
    Here is a company that started up with making a micro-glock, then another, then an much needed another AR copy. An interesting business model.

4. smokemup

smokemup New Member

Just 'cause there are others already out there doesn't mean they should just go away. That attitude would have sucked for the likes of DeSoto and AMC. Oh wait... LOL

Anyway, I give them a big ol' "attaboy" for staying in the fray and producing competitive guns. Now if only they had that in a 10mm... :D

5. Mercator

Mercator New Member

That's true. Why not.

I was excited about the first DB mini-me glock, then learned first hand how fragile it was.

6. smokemup

smokemup New Member

I might just have first hand knowledge that the "fragile" areas are going away as new pistols are introduced into the market. The G42 is going through some hate as well at the moment, but they'll eventually work it out. The tiny gun physics is tough to conquer as everything happens so much quicker, and so much more violently after the hammer goes down or the striker releases, making everything very sensitive, even down to the ammo. I'm talking tiny, lighweight guns here, not something like a bloated G26. Just my 02.

7. Mercator

Mercator New Member

G26 is bloated. Tell you what. I am packin' up and leavin' this thread before it turns as usual. :D

8. smokemup

smokemup New Member

Wow. Just using the G26 for comparison. Didn't mean to offend Glock fans.

9. Mercator

Mercator New Member

It was a joke marked with the grinning face. Nothing serious. FYI... Check out the Glock debates when you have time :D

10. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I don't know if smokemup is associated with DB, so this is by no means a reflection on him, but I'll just say:
    DB got off to a very rocky start with a bad gun and poor customer service. They may be trying to turn that around now, but I don't think I'd consider the brand until they get about five years under their belt making good products.
    And yes, there are plenty of other companies that have started like that and gone on to produce good products.
    That's just my thought.

11. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

I have no experience with DB and have never even seen one for sale in any of the many gun stores I frequent,typically I stick to the name brands I am familiar with and Agree with the post befor mine I'll wait 5 or 10 years befor I would consider buying a DB to see how it works out for the company,they may have years on the market but i have no knowledge of them .

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

not a bad looking pistol at all. i'd have to hold one to see if it was something i would consider buying adn have to agree with the two previous posters of giving it a couple of years at least to see if they can weather the long haul as far as quality.

13. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Looks like trimmed up g19. Not bad looking but no need around here ether.

14. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

DB is now (and has been for the Last year+), Partly owned and distributed by Taurus. Taurus handles their CS, Say what you will, everyone knows that they had their issues in the past, but they have made tremendous strides in repairing their Prior Image. For me, The only Gun I have with their Imprint is a 23 year old PT-92 Stainless Target, on which the only thing that has ever been replaced was the Barrel Upgrade, to a Bar-Sto Match Barrel( It was one of my Competition Guns in the 90's). With that in Mind, and Because they released the DB-15 AR platform, I'm surprised the CT-9/CT-40 was not marketed under DB...
    As for the new release, it's a good looking Gun, I like the extra long Rail combo, but only 15 in the box? Hmmm...maybe they are looking to get a contract buy out of those specs.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  15. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

DB is still owned by the man that started it. Only dealings with Taurus is thru TD Distributers for just the sales , distribution and CS as in people on the phone . But DB does the design build and warranty work.

Still not sure I want a DB firearm but they make a hell of an airboat.

Watch a video of what they do best.
    http://www.diamondbackairboats.com/video.html

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014