Dexter? Seventh Season is upon us

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Anyone watching? I'll admit the last seasons was not that great. I had Travis pegged as pulling the Fight Club from the second episode, but the season before with Lithgow was genius.

So Dexter's back, and at least he is doing what attracted me to the character in the first place again, which is killing bad guys in savage fashion. For awhile there is like a soap opera with all dialogue and no action. :(

Anyone on board for Season 7?

2. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I am watching but think having Deb find out was a bad move for the writers. The rest off this years storyline is still up in the air.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I am inclined to agree with you. I see that Michael C. Hall is producing now as well, which for me is always a sign of things starting to go to hell in a handbasket because now the "star" has say over things like storylines and arcs.

Being that he is married, or was, in real life to the gal that plays Debra, I can see the intent to give her some juicy roles that might get her a nod for Best Supporting, one of which is finding out your brother is the Bay Harbor Butcher. :rolleyes:

4. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I liked it at first, but then it became repetitive.. Seriously, how many freaking serial killers are in Miami?...
    But it's still a good show and I enjoy it.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

At any given time the FBI estimates there are about 40-50 unnamed, active serial killers working within the confines of the US mainland borders.

That number does not include spree killers, which I do not believe has been reflected on the show yet. That would be a difficult storyline to write. Dexter sneaking into a theater and cutting up the whacko in the film closet while SWAT sets up outside. :rolleyes:

6. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I am with Mosin. Started strong and was good for quite a few years. It is still decent but is working on jumping the shark. I hadn't paid enough attention to notice that he was producing.

7. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

I think people who watch dexter should be watched by the goverment.

and should probably have any gun privlilges removed for life.

I think you have to have a screw loose to watch this.

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

You are aware this is a fictional TV series created off a best selling set of fictional novels. Right? :confused:

9. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

Wifey and I are both fans. We didn't get started 'til season 4 though. :(

Going to be tough to keep it top notch with the new twist of "Deb" knowing his deeds.

I was disappointed that the mob killed his nanny's beau instead of him.

10. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

of course, the thing is, you enjoy watch it. that imo, is troubling

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Uh, it's fiction! As in not real. Just like every other crime show that is on TV.

People watch NASCAR for the wrecks, and that is real!!

You think watching a fictional TV show means I should be watched by the government and have my guns taken away?

You eat a lot of paint chips as a kid? Because I am going to have to search long and hard to find a post as stupid as the one you made here today.

JD

12. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Dang straight, my wife & I both watch Dexter.

13. robertb6112

robertb6112 New Member

It's a great show. My wife got really into it while I was away at bootcamp. And she bought seasons 1-4. While I was gone. And now the new seasons come out around her birthday so it's a easy b-day gift haha. the shows going to end soon I think there only going to do one more season after this.

14. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Wow!!! Do you hold yourself to the same straight and narrow, unbending standard? Past and present?

Watched by the government? Wow!!!

I think people who think guns are privileges and not rights as outlined in the Constitution because they did not pay attention in civics class should not be allowed to own guns, because they are after all privileges...:rolleyes:

15. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Charles manson said he enjoyes the show too

16. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

That is not a stretch at all...:rolleyes:

17. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I agree with Dodger. You all should turn in your guns. Pm me for shipping info.

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Got a source? Because I am pretty sure his cell comes with only BASIC cable and not a Showtime subscription. :rolleyes:

You have made a statement that NO ONE, here, can agree with because it's lunacy.

You want to single-handedly determine WHO is monitored by the government, and what Rights they shall have, based on their television viewing. :rolleyes:

The average parking lot puddle.

That is the depth at which you are in OVER YOUR HEAD on this topic.

If you wish to further debate TV viewing versus future instability, I urge you to seek professional guidance.

Perhaps Madame Tussaud is available from beyond the grave to help you. Because that is who you are going to have to count "on your side" in this argument.

You bore me. *yawn*

JD

19. JonM

JonM Moderator

i thought this version was more intelligent

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4com2AMqqW8[/ame]

go easy on each other :p

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I would urge you to review the part where someone wants to impose Government Supervision and Rights' Restriction (including forfeit of owned firearms) based on television viewing. :rolleyes: