Detroiters defending their homes with guns

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by JWagner, Feb 23, 2014.

1. JWagner

JWagner New Member

2. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Good for them. It's about time they take back their $hithole city.

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

If the states and cities that deny people the right to protect themselves were held responsible for failure to protect and liable for monetary compensation to crime victims, things would change in a hurry.

4. widowmaker

widowmaker New Member

Some years back the Supreme Court ruled that the police were obligated to protect the public at large. NOT the individual citizen.
    Now figure out that logic for me. :confused:

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

"To Serve and Protect" was the motto of several police departments.

I think that was painted on cars of New Orleans police during Katrina (the hurricane).

The people who say "guns are not needed because we have police" have forgotten that the police serve the community, not the individual.

(Yep, that is another point to tell your anti-2A friends, but they won't believe you.)

6. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

That to me is the biggest problem...they won't hear what they don't want to hear. They will turn a deaf-ear and go forward believing what they want. The truth and facts are meaningless to them.

And what is sad about this case is the age of the boys...14 & 15 years old getting into this level of trouble.

Having two boys 2.5 years apart I was always told that the younger would engage in trouble at the level of his older brother which is bad. Kids usually get into trouble with their age group, not older kids trouble. They need supervision all the time.