Detroit man shoot carjacker

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by clip11, Aug 10, 2011.

1. clip11

clip11 New Member

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

One less goblin to deal with

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

One less Carjacking a$$hat!! The guy should get a key to the City!

4. knfxda

knfxda New Member

I don't think it looks good for this guy unless the DA is cool. You definately can't shoot someone to protect your property in MI. I don't see how he can claim his life was in danger.

Now, if the car jacker was coming at him with the car...

Or if the scumbag used a gun in the car jacking, he could always claim that the criminal drew his gun as he was heading off. However, the actual location of the gun might dispute that (holstered, in pocket, etc)

5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

The newsies got that article all wrong; imagine that. Maybe the cops got it wrong too. Turns out the hijacker was armed with a gun. The the scumbag was shot in the car by the good guy. The good guy has been on local TV there: Not a good idea.

The scumbag had some short time to reflect on his actions before he croaked.

6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

BGs dying, instead of becoming a burden on the taxpayer.

IMO,THIS is a good start.

The victim should join the NRA.

You should, too.

7. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

How long before the family of the "misunderstood youth," starts in on the sob stories? "He was such a nice boy."
    The shooter needs to shut up and lawyer up.

8. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I, for one, certainly hope the man would not be charge!

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

If the guy shot him as he was driving away, he may be in big trouble depending on the exact circumstances. Hopefully not, but if the threat of violence was over, it won't be good.

10. quarterhorse13

quarterhorse13 New Member

I dont know about detroit, because I live in tennessee. but we have and are protected under the castle law and " stand your ground " law as well. he may want to check into it and see if michigan has either of these laws in the books....just sayn

11. alsaqr

The cops released the car owner.

The car owner was gassing up his vehicle when the scumbag jumped behind the wheel. The scumbag went for a gun and the car owner shot him. Then the scumbag took off with the car. Too damn bad a nice SUV was wrecked.

A good guy threw Clorox in the gene pool.

Accused Carjacker Dies after Being Shot on Detroit's West Side

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  12. wktipton

wktipton New Member

carjacker shot

Michigan does have the "Castle Doctrine" in effect, and is a "Shall Issue" state. I sure hope the guy gets off.

13. MAGNUM44

MAGNUM44 New Member

Detroit

I read somewhere that Michigan has become a very populated state of muslims, Is this not true or not.? :confused:

14. knfxda

knfxda New Member

Certain cities and areas:

Dearborn, Michigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It goes without saying, but not all Arabs are Muslim and not all Muslims are terrorists.

15. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Dearbornistan.

16. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

Based upon limited info....the shooter is screwed.

The car was gone, the subject was in flight, ostensibly, the threat had passed UNLESS the subject was tossing shots back at the car owner.

That's a tough call, and it sucks...but you have to know when NOT to shoot.

17. alsaqr

Not so. See my link above. The car owner was pumping gas in his car when the scumbag jumped behind the wheel. The car owner shot the scumbag inside the vehicle when he went for his gun. The scumbag took off after he was shot.

The Detroit Free Press had it all wrong. Imagine that, a liberal rag in a high crime city getting it wrong.

18. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

Ah...okay, I didn't see that. I read the Detroit Free Press account...which was sketchy.

According to your link...he's on a LOT better footing.