Detroit homeowner shoots intruder who broke in with crowbar

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by John_Deer, May 3, 2014.

1. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

A homeowner on Detroit's west side is thankful that she got her concealed weapons permit last year.
    The 50-year-old woman used it to fend off an intruder early Tuesday morning at her home on Heyden Street.
    The homeowner's family told Local 4 that the woman heard someone trying to break in around 12:30 a.m. She immediately called 911 and grabbed her handgun.
    "All she just kept saying, 'I don't want to shoot anybody,'" said Anita McGee, the homeowner's sister.
    The woman repeatedly warned the suspect that she had a gun. Police say the 24-year-old man used a crowbar to break a rear window at the home. After he made his way into the home, she opened fire.
    She was still on the phone with the 911 operator.
    "Once he got the window broke, he did try to enter the house. So that's when she told the lady on the other end that she was going to shoot and she did," said McGee.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...s-intruder-who-broke-in-with-crowbar/25714906

2. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Whoa, the anti gun local NBC affiliate did that story? That's simply incredible.

3. towboater

towboater Active Member

Good wins again.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

You don't need a conceal carry license to have a firearm in your home. But I'm glad that woman was able to defend herself.

5. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

She did good, If the guy had a crowbar in his hands, Im shooting him! Until atomic transporters are common in every squad-room, being a prepared citizen is the best choice of living a long life. Dial 911 and wait for the coroner is only a great choice if its the perp they are coming to scrape up.

6. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Good Job, Glad she was able to defend herself, BTW this Thug must have been on something to ignore her warning.

7. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Good on the lady.

8. winds-of-change

Not necessarily. If the woman lived alone or with other women, some men feel they are easy targets. Believe me, I know............I've been a single female for almost 20 years. i've been 'had' by mechanics, plumbers and my idiot neighbor for quite a while.

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Someone should publish the names and addresses of all the anti gun reporters and editors the same way some reporters published the names and addresses of gun owners with concealed carry permits. After all it must be a public record. Not all of them can afford to hire security personnel.

10. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

11. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

We finally have a mayor in Detroit that understands our rights. More and more people are not putting up with this crap.

12. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Yes, you are right, but not me I don't think that way.

13. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Recently every case of self defense that I have seen as noteworthy happened in Detroit. What will make me even happier is when people in Chicago start defending themselves.

14. winds-of-change

Good and decent men don't look at single women as targets. But there is the small handful of creeps who prey upon others such as single women, the elderly, etc. I have been 'taken' by a couple unscrupulous repair people and it makes me so angry I let it happen but I didn't know it was happening until it was all done. :mad:

But here is a true story. My very selfish and inconsiderate husband left me in 1994. He was difficult to live with. When I joined this forum I couldn't help but notice the vast majority of men here dearly love their wives, want them to be happy and are very kind and caring towards their families. That was very foreign to me. It was definitely an eye opener for me. It was so wonderful to see.

There has been one case of self defense from a Chicago citizen that was legally conceal carrying. Slowly but surely the citizens of Chicago will take back their city from the thugs.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...1_carry-permit-two-face-charges-police-search

15. karateguy28

karateguy28 New Member

Never bring a crowbar to a gunfight. Well done, lady.

16. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Recently Mr. McDonald (of McDonald vs. City of Chicago case) died. On the day he died, another elderly black man in Chicago successfully defended himself in public. He had recently gotten his carry permit and was carrying when two (I think) punks decided to mess with him. There was an article on that very recently, either here on FTF or maybe on GunsSaveLives. Not sure if this is that case or not:

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defen...e-in-chicago-illinois-by-carry-permit-holder/

17. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Movie title...........

Crow bar vrs. Gun..........Who do you think will win............I wish she would have had a shot gun, and placed a well aimed shot to the head.....:D

18. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

never take a crowbar to a gun fight!:p

19. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

I'm not sure the mindset of Chicago is the same as Detroit. Many areas of Detroit could realistically be considered a free for all, whereas while Chicago has its own war zones, the thinking there is that the police will protect you.

20. karateguy28

karateguy28 New Member

Lol, I posted that two days ago, haha